Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
CherryPeeks
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Osmo Oil - Traveller Wood

Post by CherryPeeks »

Hi everyone,

Whilst researching on the forum, I saw a post from last summer by Biggles1957 where Osmo Oil is recommended for Traveller wood, and it sounds from the original post that the clear option would do exactly what I want for Hetty - protect from water and UV but not add any real colour to the wood so it stays nice and light.

I think this must be the one that was referred to in the post (as none of the other options on the site seem to specifically mention UV) http://www.osmouk.com/previewpage.cfm?b ... 7&page=121

Has anyone got any feedback on this product on Traveller wood?

And also, what are biocides and do I need them? :oops:

Thank you!

Emma
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Re: Osmo Oil - Traveller Wood

Post by ASL642 »

Google "biocides" all the info there, but "yes" useful as it will act as an anti-fungicide for the wood.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
CherryPeeks
Minor Fan

Post by CherryPeeks »

Osmo Oil 420 with biocides is on its way - ordered the clear version to keep the wood nice and light! :)
KittyKar

Post by KittyKar »

This old thread came up on a google search -- so I am wondering what success anyone has had with Osmo (or other wax oil) on their wood?

I use Osmo a lot -- on old pine floors and oak kitchen worktops, and I generally love the natural finish it gives -- I don't like really like the effect of varnish. I was looking at the exterior products and wondering if this is the route to take. We are doing all new wood on Kitty.
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

As long as it's not the interior stuff. The interior stuff opens up the grain of the wood giving a great effect but the opposite of waterproof.
Biggles1957
Minor Fan

Post by Biggles1957 »

I didn't know they did an interior one!

My traveller was purchased by a large hotel chain and resides at a posh place in deepest Gloucestershire now and only a few weeks ago his woodwork looked as good as it did when I did it several years back now. If ever I get another traveller - I do miss Monty! - I'll straightaway scrape whatever other stuff is on there off and do it with Osmo again. I sold Monty and have a pre war 1932 Minor now instead - and a 1934 Oxford Sixteen Six. Still a paid up member of here though :D