Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ed8die
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

rally entry fee by cheque.

Post by ed8die »

Hi everyone,
I would love to come to the national rally at Charlbury in June this year. However the form states the entry fee should be paid by (enclosed) cheque.
In Holland hardly anyone uses cheques anymore, so to order a cheque from my bank would cost me about € 30.00 in bank fees. excluding the entry price.
Does anybody know if the entry fee can be paid by credit card and how should I go about this.
Or can I just go as a spectator and park my Minor in the general public area?
thanks already

jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: rally entry fee by cheque.

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
You raise a valid point, I had to use a credit card cheque, issued to me in a batch ages ago but fortunately still valid for increasingly rare instances like this one, where a cheque appears the only option.
Other than this I never use cheques anymore and nor does anyone I know.
I suppose someone will state that it will cost the club money to change over to a credit card system but perhaps it is becoming a necessity, I mean how long before cheques go the way of the Dinosaurs? It must be coming.............
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Details of how this can be paid via a Credit Card will be posted later tonight. :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

It's a recurring debate amongst the banks - get rid of the cheque: no need for this outdated form of payment, some say. But they are still very useful and and it will be a sad day indeed if the cheque disappears.

By the same logic we should crush all our old cars as they have been superseded by newer, better models. :-?

The cheque is one of those things where you 'use it or lose it'.
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

I use cheques a fair bit.
They can be posted and written with no hassle, and useful with those who cannot use Paypal. Or maybe I just live in the past :oops:
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

I like the idea of paying by paypal. I no longer have a cheque book.

lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

anyone who drives from holland pays the ferry etc and those who travel miles should get in for free !!!!
Also met a few chaps at a recent show and they asked me why we should pay to go to the national rally?
This set me thinking ,why not scrap the printed version of minor matters and make it an online publication,after all this is the 21st century :-? This would save a small fortune.Or are there members not on line?
I'm looking forward to Lou's post Re: credit-card payment,otherwise i will need to order a cheque book.
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Unfortunately this facility will only be available for our overseas members.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

one cheque book ordered ,on line :D
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

lambrettalad wrote: why not scrap the printed version of minor matters and make it an online publication,after all this is the 21st century :-? This would save a small fortune.Or are there members not on line?
This was raised during the club review / survey in 2010. 34% of those who responded thought this was a good idea but the majority were not interested in an on line version of the magazine as they like to receive a print copy. However it was stated "This option will be considered further by the Committe and the editorial team. If it does go ahead then it would be in addition to the present format; there is no question of doing away with the print version of Minor Matters".

Eric - 1971 Traveller
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Can't read an online version on the carsie. :o
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:oops:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

It's called streaming , not steaming :oops:
Cheers Alex

[/color]
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

This was raised during the club review / survey in 2010. 34% of those who responded thought this was a good idea but the majority were not interested in an on line version of the magazine as they like to receive a print copy. However it was stated "This option will be considered further by the Committe and the editorial team. If it does go ahead then it would be in addition to the present format; there is no question of doing away with the print version of Minor Matters".
It would be a sad day indeed if we no longer had a printed magazine landing on our doorstep to read, not to mention that staring at a computer screen for too long can't be good for the eyesight.
Having a collection of back copies is also handy if you want to re-read an article from an old issue, rather than having to trawl an online site. Also a magazine can't crash on you or not be available during a (thankfully rare these days) power cut.
Sorry but I happen to be a fan of the printed word.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

some good points but you can store on line ones in very little space and you can search very quickly for a topic,instead of looking for hours at 6 year old mags to find the article you thought was in that issue but wasn't :-? Our magazine is also printed on high class paper ,you can read it just as well on .................................?
I remember people recalling their fondness for the chalk and slate in school :wink:
Cheers Alex

[/color]
MartinLowe
Minor Friendly

Post by MartinLowe »

lambrettalad wrote: I remember people recalling their fondness for the chalk and slate in school :wink:
:D :D
Est ursus catholica?
Defecatein papa silvis?
MartinLowe
Minor Friendly

Post by MartinLowe »

I have to say I like a printed version, even though I do a lot of things on the computer, I like just flicking through the magazine to see what I want to read in depth, or just skim over, doesn't seem the same online
Est ursus catholica?
Defecatein papa silvis?
morris4everandever

Post by morris4everandever »

But I still haven't seen how we can do a payment for the National Rally other than by cheque
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

I think the answer is you can't?
Cheers Alex

[/color]