Post by irmscher »

The Transit club :D
RussLCV
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Gaydon

Post by RussLCV »

Hi all

What folk must realise we as a club (Minor LCV Register members) have to pay over £3.5k for this event as Chris at the POMM says it’s the 60th LCV event, but the £25 covers tickets to museum, we have a private function room (food included) all for £25 for 2! But sadly any folk who arrive and do not want to pay will be parked in the public car park and will not be part of the celebrations or in the evening gathering. We have paid for the campsite all weekend so a all campers need to pre book as well. WE ARE A SMALL CLUB where everyone has to pay, if folk want to arrive and drive without paying events such as these WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Non-members are more than welcome, but you will need to book.

Just for info Kim is arriving to the event (MMOC site forum) he is a member and was one of the first to pre-book. Without the support of members we would not be able to stage such an event. And please bear in mind this date has been on the calendar for over 2 years

Over 100 LCvs pre booked and still time to book in, just contact Brian
Russell Harvey
Minor LCV Register Historian
Freelance Motoring Journalist
http://www.Minorlcvreg.co.uk

Minor Fan

Post by 1098 »

Matt wrote:
1098 wrote: Gaydon are also planning an all Marque, Light commercial event in 2014.

Correct! The Transit Van club will be attending for their annual rally. I think its 16/17 August 2014
Look forward to hearing the confirmed dates. I think Kelsey publishing are involved as well,great ! Get the weather,and with all those different LCV's, you should have one very interesting weekend. The Ford Transit ,what a tool ! Not happy with Ford switching Production to Turkey,no price for loyalty then from the work force ? Built in Britain,that LCV has made Ford, a lot of money,and a leader in the LCV Market. Look forward to seeing them, in so many,"British built guises" at Gaydon 2014.
carlosramalho
Minor Addict

Post by carlosramalho »

RussLCV wrote:Hi all

What folk must realise we as a club (Minor LCV Register members) have to pay over £3.5k for this event as Chris at the POMM says it’s the 60th LCV event, but the £25 covers tickets to museum, we have a private function room (food included) all for £25 for 2! But sadly any folk who arrive and do not want to pay will be parked in the public car park and will not be part of the celebrations or in the evening gathering. We have paid for the campsite all weekend so a all campers need to pre book as well. WE ARE A SMALL CLUB where everyone has to pay, if folk want to arrive and drive without paying events such as these WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Non-members are more than welcome, but you will need to book.

Just for info Kim is arriving to the event (MMOC site forum) he is a member and was one of the first to pre-book. Without the support of members we would not be able to stage such an event. And please bear in mind this date has been on the calendar for over 2 years

Over 100 LCvs pre booked and still time to book in, just contact Brian
Well done Russ!
See you at Gaydon!
Cheers
Carlos
MM Lowlight 1949 - Portuguese Registration
Traveller 1964 - formerly AKR 343 B
Convertible1969 - formerly XCH 455 G
Pickup 1971 - formerly BTT 213 K
MMOC 66138
MORRIS MINOR is Forever also in Portugal
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

1098 wrote:
Matt wrote:
1098 wrote: Gaydon are also planning an all Marque, Light commercial event in 2014.

Correct! The Transit Van club will be attending for their annual rally. I think its 16/17 August 2014
Look forward to hearing the confirmed dates. I think Kelsey publishing are involved as well,great ! Get the weather,and with all those different LCV's, you should have one very interesting weekend. The Ford Transit ,what a tool ! Not happy with Ford switching Production to Turkey,no price for loyalty then from the work force ? Built in Britain,that LCV has made Ford, a lot of money,and a leader in the LCV Market. Look forward to seeing them, in so many,"British built guises" at Gaydon 2014.
Going off topic slightly there (so lets not dwell on it) but I was at the plant last week... and my moniker is on the inside of the last transit to come off the line at Southampton (along with all the guys who worked there and several others). I know of at least 2 other members on the forum who are on the transit forum too!

Irmscher - thats the Transit Van Club, not the Transit Forum ;)

Russ, that is what people don't seem to realise about some of these events... the shear up front cost of it!
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Matt I am in the Transit club just got my magazine :oops: