Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
thecount
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Series 2 Parcel Tray

Post by thecount »

Hi there everyone

Wondering if someone may be able to help me out please.

I have not been able to locate a replacement for the main support bar of the parcel tray that is unfortunately missing from my car, so have decided that it would probably be better to have one made as it s a simple enough piece of fabrication.

Just hoping that someone who has a Series 2 with the original bar in place may be able to measure the length of the bar end to end and let me know what that measurement is please, oh and as it is just basically an angle iron what the width of each face of the angles is too if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks very much for your time and help everyone

Regards, Gav

1955 4Dr Series II
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Series 2 Parcel Tray

Post by win »

Hi
My shelf is 1110 mm long, 20x20x2.5 mm angle.
Hope this helps.
Regards Win
South Yorkshire
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
There are a couple of cars being broken on eBay, they should both have the bar you're looking for, save you the trouble of fabricating one.
See links below.
Best wishes,
Mike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MINOR- ... 2a2cb9581e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MINOR- ... 43be209f34
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The poster lives in Melbourne though Mike, and the first link is for collection only in Poole so this might be a bit impractical. And although the seller in the second link will post worldwide I imagine it would be a lot more cost effective to build one yourself than pay for the postage to Australia :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Aaaaaaahhhh :oops:

Oh well, someone may have a use for these parts cars........
That'll teach me to look where the poster is, if they've included it on their profile that is.....
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
thecount
Minor Friendly

Post by thecount »

Hi Win

Thanks very much for that really do appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone, the distance and postage can be a problem sometimes, on the plus side though cars over here usually aren't quite so rusty though :lol:

Cheers, Gav

1955 4Dr Series II
Rod Garvie

Post by Rod Garvie »

hi

I had the same problem but I did get one from ESM and it fits. The only problem is the two wedges that go between the door mounts and the bar. I could bet any and I tried a few places but I made a a T plate from a strong peice of metal bolted it to the door frame (their should be two nuts in the door frame) and then bolted it to the frame.
Hope this helps
Rod
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Series MM/II does not have wedges, bolts straight in to holes behind panels. Easiest to pop rivet new shelf to bar.
[sig]3580[/sig]