front seats ?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
masseyman
MMOC Member: No

front seats ?

Post by masseyman »

hey, can any one advise me what front seats will fit in a 1964 Morris Minor 1000 3 door. i was looking for some think with a head rest and is adjustable and are a good fit without looking out of place, any suggestions will be helpful
many thanks
luke
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: front seats ?

Post by simmitc »

Welcome. Three door? Do you mean a saloon with 2 doors plus boot, or a Traveller (with the wooden sides)? Won't make any difference to the seats, but I'm curious.
masseyman

Post by masseyman »

it is a saloon de-luxe model
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Welcome to the messageboard. There are various alternative seat options available. See this thread and contact Charlie_morris_minor for a copy of the Custom & Modified Register newsletter which explains how to fit the different types: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... tive+seats

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Rutland Moggie

Post by Rutland Moggie »

I very successfully fitted a pair of front seats from a 2004 Ford Focus; they match your requirements re headrests, adjustability, etc. The runners needed a little modification to the mounting brackets, but then bolted (they could be welded)to a piece of tubing of the same diameter as the original seat frame to allow the seats to tip forward in the same way as the original. Mine are from a four door Focus, so have rigid backs (albeit rake adjustable); some from a two (three?) door model would be better, as they fold forward. The head rests on mine collide with the headlining, making entry to the back seats virtually impossible (they do not leave much back legroom anyway). They are a grey/blue colour which tones well with the remainder of the standard blue interior of my Trafalgar Blue car. AND I bought them off ebay for the princely sum of £10!!!!
masseyman

Post by masseyman »

Rutland Moggie wrote:I very successfully fitted a pair of front seats from a 2004 Ford Focus; they match your requirements re headrests, adjustability, etc. The runners needed a little modification to the mounting brackets, but then bolted (they could be welded)to a piece of tubing of the same diameter as the original seat frame to allow the seats to tip forward in the same way as the original. Mine are from a four door Focus, so have rigid backs (albeit rake adjustable); some from a two (three?) door model would be better, as they fold forward. The head rests on mine collide with the headlining, making entry to the back seats virtually impossible (they do not leave much back legroom anyway). They are a grey/blue colour which tones well with the remainder of the standard blue interior of my Trafalgar Blue car. AND I bought them off ebay for the princely sum of £10!!!!
thanks i will look into it
darren1camper
Minor Friendly

Post by darren1camper »

I've put alfa 156 seats in and JLH Morris minor spares supply the seat bases they work well.
timjsparrow
Minor Friendly

Post by timjsparrow »

Just out of curiosity. Would Renault Clio Alize seats fit, and would somebody like Newton Commercial be able to do the conversion and trimming.

I only ask as I am looking at getting a Traveller at some point in the future. My other half has a particular back problem that means she finds very few car seats comfortable, this includes the minors standard seats on long runs. The Clio seats are among those few that she does find comfortable.

As I say, at the moment this is purely a hypothetical question. No room or money to get a Traveller for the foreseeable future.

XVS 953, a 1960 2 door de-luxe named 'Maggie'. First Registered as HCC 548 on the 8th February 1960 in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Isle of Anglesey, North Wales.
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

The only bit of advice I would give is keep the original seats in the loft.
When you come to sell it may mean a lot to a potential buyer.
Where angels fear to tread
Mr Spigot
Minor Fan

Post by Mr Spigot »

LouiseM wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:45 am Welcome to the messageboard. There are various alternative seat options available. See this thread and contact Charlie_morris_minor for a copy of the Custom & Modified Register newsletter which explains how to fit the different types: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... tive+seats
Is there an update on this link? It does not seem to work any more. I am looking at putting Midget seats in my 2 door Minor and would welcome advice on fixing it to the floor. The JLH seat base looks a good option, but I wondered if there were others?
Thanks.
1960 2 door with 1275 Midget engine - WOI 577
1952 MM convertible with original engine - MWD 305
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Have a look at this:-
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74315

neilmorey
Minor Fan

Post by neilmorey »

I fitted Ford Streetka leather seats on JLH bases a few years ago, I've still not wired up the heating elements.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67006