Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
GBond
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Horrible customer service

Post by GBond »

I don't usually like to rant, and I want to stay within the T&Cs but I'm just having a terrible experience with one of the suppliers.

I placed an order almost a month ago on the 19th of september, my credit card has already been charged and so far I have not gotten any shipment notifications or any response to several emails sent to the supplier regarding the status of my order.

I'm outside of the UK so I'm afraid there's not much I can do but if anyone wants the name of this supplier, to know who to avoid, you can send me a PM.
Gabriel
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Horrible customer service

Post by bmcecosse »

Yes please Gab, sorry to hear that - let me know.....
ImageImage
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

It's a shame we're not able to hear who. In your position I'd ring them up and demand an instant refund on the card you paid with and take my business somewhere else - someone who won't reply to several mails doesn't deserve your business :evil:
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

Phone your card company and open a dispute ,good luck :D
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Given your location, it is possible that the delay is with the shipper. I have ordered (non-Minor items) from both Australia and the USA. Some arrive virtually next day, others take 4-5 weeks. However, what is inexcusable is the lack of communication from the supplier concerned. Top marks to you for staying within Ts&Cs.
stanley0070
Minor Fan

Post by stanley0070 »

Hi Gabriel,
I got a radiator from the same suppliers, with one part missing at
the Centenary rally Cornbury Park.
I am still waiting for the part and they do not like replying to e-mails, I paid cash will never use them again.
Good luck
Brian......
PS. You will be much better off with ESM. " they are very good "

Roni
Minor Fan

Post by Roni »

I ordered some parts a while ago from a well know UK supplier. They took a very long time to get here, NZ. The supplier had left the "New Zealand " part of the shipping address out. The parcel went to Canada, back to UK, and finally someone at Royal Mail somehow worked out what the destination was meant to be. The supplier, when contacted about the delay, basically said you just need to wait longer. They still haven't corrected the delivery address and I have to make a point to mention it every order when it then is amended manually.
When will suppliers realise that there is competition from others that can get the address right.

badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

See this is why we should change the T&C of this forum and be able to name and shame bad suppliers .
They know we cant shout about the bad service we get so are very laid back ....and just do not care ....
If we could name and shame I am sure they would buck there Ideas up ..... :evil:

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

If we could name and shame I am sure they would buck there Ideas up .....
I agree!
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
GBond
Minor Fan

Post by GBond »

I've gotten a few PMs and am glad to say they'll probably lose a few customers because of me.

It's expensive from here but I'll give them a call tomorrow maybe they can at least give me some tracking number or at least confirmation that the order has shipped and that the address is correct.

Apparently from the PMs I've gotten I'm not the only one who's had a bad experience with this supplier, like Brian said I'll try to go to ESM from now on but unfortunately they didn't have some of the parts I needed.
Gabriel
Hubert
Minor Friendly

Horrible and not so horrible

Post by Hubert »

I had a similar experience last year. I had ordered a number of smaller parts and asked the dealer to post them to a British address, as I was going to visit this friend during the summer. I received a bill, my credit card was charged, but when I met my friend he hadn't received the parcel. When I rang up the dealer, nobody seemed to know, but it was my fault to have left the bill at home so there was nothing to refer to. When I was back at home I sent them an e-mail with their reference number and within a day I received an answer.

The parcel had been prepared for posting to the British address, but had obviously fallen down and was forgotten. I received a long apology, and I was only charged the UK postage while the parcel was sent to my German address. It arrived a few days after the e-mail with the apology.

All other orders before the event and the one order after have been dealt with to my complete satisfaction. Therefore I regard this as human error which can happen to each of us.
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Re: Horrible and not so horrible

Post by theminorsite »

Hubert wrote:I had a similar experience last year. I had ordered a number of smaller parts and asked the dealer to post them to a British address, as I was going to visit this friend during the summer. I received a bill, my credit card was charged, but when I met my friend he hadn't received the parcel. When I rang up the dealer, nobody seemed to know, but it was my fault to have left the bill at home so there was nothing to refer to. When I was back at home I sent them an e-mail with their reference number and within a day I received an answer.

The parcel had been prepared for posting to the British address, but had obviously fallen down and was forgotten. I received a long apology, and I was only charged the UK postage while the parcel was sent to my German address. It arrived a few days after the e-mail with the apology.

All other orders before the event and the one order after have been dealt with to my complete satisfaction. Therefore I regard this as human error which can happen to each of us.
You're entirely right and 'there but for the grace of God' etc. But that's no excuse for not replying to emails chasing the order up, is it?
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
Hubert
Minor Friendly

Re: Horrible and not so horrible

Post by Hubert »

theminorsite wrote: You're entirely right and 'there but for the grace of God' etc. But that's no excuse for not replying to emails chasing the order up, is it?
I fully agree! Any kind of reaction would have been appropriate.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

I've got an idea who this is without even asking! If it is who I suspect it is they do read bits of this forum... (I hae seen the complaints from them)
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

Well I think we all no who this is, just a shame it cant be made more aware off and other people would be able to decide where they go for there parts with a better idea of the service they will get, I think everyone agrees so far that ESM is by far the best, ut even there not perfect...
GBond
Minor Fan

Post by GBond »

I've recieved several PMs and it appears other members have had problems with this same trader.

In all fairness, after four angry emails I finally recieved an answer with a tracking number and it appears the package is in the right country at least, although I can't check if the address is right. I can understand slow shipping but ignoring my repeated requests for information was what got me angry.

Instead of spending time reading the forums they could have spent 30 seconds answering my first email and saved themselves the bad press.

There are good traders available and no company nowadays can afford to treat customers like that. They said they were understaffed and if they treat more people like that then in the future they most certainly won't be.
Gabriel
M25VAN
Minor Addict

Post by M25VAN »

Trouble is it is easy to ignore an email as you can see who it is from. I think some companies see it as an easy way to filter out unwanted customer contact. :evil:
I treat an unanswered email the same as an unanswered phone call or someone ignoring me if I walk up to their sales counter wanting to give them some trade......they obviousley don't want any future business with me. :roll:
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

[quote][I've got an idea who this is without even asking! If it is who I suspect it is they do read bits of this forum... (I hae seen the complaints from them)/quote]

Shouldn't allow suppliers to bully the forum....... :roll:
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Who said we did?
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac