Wondering if anyone knows my old Minor ?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
adyneill
MMOC Member: No

Wondering if anyone knows my old Minor ?

Post by adyneill »

Good afternoon everyone.

To cut a bit of a long boring story short .....

For a short while I was the owner of this B reg Morris Minor. I owned it before I could even drive. My parents let me buy it and put it in the garden to tinker. I started doing some work with the idea being it would be ready for me to use when I passed my test. When it dawned on me that there was far too much work for me to handle and not having a great deal of money I decided to sell the car on so that someone could hopefully return the car to its former glory rather than just letting it sit to rust.

I know it's quite far fetched, but after discovering this photo the other day after about 20 years I thought i'd pop on here and see whether anyone knew of it's whereabouts, whether on the road or still in storage awaiting restoration ?[frame]Image[/frame]
Matt
Minor Legend

Re: Wondering if anyone knows my old Minor ?

Post by Matt »

Date of Liability 24 10 1991
Date of First Registration 02 09 1964
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1098cc
CO₂ Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour GREY
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

This vehicle can be taxed at a tax-issuing Post Office® without the V5C Registration Certificate.
Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate 12 Months Rate
£79.75 £145.00
So it was probably last used in 1991 - and not registered as scrapped. It may still be around?
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
adyneill

Post by adyneill »

Hi Matt ..... Thanks for looking that up for me.

Reckon it was about 1992 that I owned it, so looks like it never made it back onto the road. (well not yet anyway).
Here's hoping that it'll end up as a 'barn find' or similar and resurface one day.

It was one of two cars that i've owned in my time that i've actually made money on.

I remember the body and interior being a bit of a state, but the engine fired straight away and the man that bought it from me actually drove it home (approx 3-4 miles I believe) which was worrying as I seem to remember the brakes were not really up to much !! :o
mach2
Minor Fan

Post by mach2 »

Matt wrote:
Date of Liability 24 10 1991
Date of First Registration 02 09 1964
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1098cc
CO₂ Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour GREY
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

This vehicle can be taxed at a tax-issuing Post Office® without the V5C Registration Certificate.
Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate 12 Months Rate
£79.75 £145.00
So it was probably last used in 1991 - and not registered as scrapped. It may still be around?

hang on, if thats a '64 car and tax exempt is anything pre '72 then how come its showing prices to tax it? :-? am i missing something obvious here?

if in doubt give it a clout!
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

No you're not! If the car was taken off the road (perhaps for future restoration) prior to the DVLA's computerisation it would still appear under PLG (private light goods) not the historic class the Minor is entitled to these days - last owner didn't change tax class.

If you buy a car which has been off the road for many years (I bought one that hadn't been on the for 18 years) you apply to DVLA and change the taxation class (so long as you have all documentation) :wink: .

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512