Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kemlo
MMOC Member: No

MORRIS HIRE REQUEST - SUFFOLK

Post by kemlo »

Dear All,

I was hoping to chauffeur my friends to their wedding in Suffolk in my (ok, its my sisters really) Morris Minor. Sadly, its in Glasgow and can't be spared for the wedding. Does any one have a morris minor (or traveller) in Suffolk (or near by) that I could hire for 24-48 hrs (self-drive)? I, and the happy couple, would be IMMENSELY grateful and would look after it as if it were my own.

AL the best,

Sarah
tysonn
Minor Legend

Re: MORRIS HIRE REQUEST - SUFFOLK

Post by tysonn »

I doubt if anyone would be insured for an unknown driver to use another persons car for a wedding?Unless by "self drive"you mean you want its owner to drive it?
anubis121
Minor Friendly

Post by anubis121 »

There a few sites that offer Morris minor hire...but not many that offer a self drive service.And to be honest I dont know many owners that would hire their moggies out.But best bet is proberly to Google it.However, some one may be able to help on here.
anubis121
Minor Friendly

Post by anubis121 »

kemlo

Post by kemlo »

Hi, thanks for all you help so far. there are indeed people lovely enough to hire out their moggies on a self drive basis but they all (including the great escape cars) seem to be in Yorkshire or the cotswolds. Hense me inquiring here.... I live in hope.....
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

I too doubt you will find a Minor owner agreeable to lending their car to an "unknown" driver, but try our Norfolk & Suffolk Branch.
You may find someone who will drive the happy couple. :D

www.iceniminors.co.uk Contact Tricia Loades 0one508 5two0273

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

I do weddings in my convertible (pictured below) but we could not hire out Dibble on a self drive basis. My wedding insurance is for me to drive the car and not a 3rd party. Plus the fact that having put so much time and effort into the restoration I don't want a 3rd party driving the car.

I suspect this is the case for all other wedding minors as well, chauffeur driven only!
Cheers John - all comments IMHO
- Come to this years Kent branches Hop rally! http://www.kenthop.co.uk
(check out the East Kent branch website http://www.ekmm.co.uk )
ImageImage