Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
biomed32uk
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Maisie the Minor

Post by biomed32uk »

Well I have had Maisie since March and done lots to her, getting her to my standards and general improvements.

MOT time came round today, she absolutely aced it, the tester came back and said it was absolutely spot on, and asked who was looking after her as its a credit to them. Stated that she is In better order than three year old cars coming in for their first test.

Well pleased with that and shes 48 years young this year.

She also caused quite a focal point on the estate where we we went, lots of people looking and reminiscing as everyone knows someone who had one.
biomed32uk
Minor Addict

Re: Maisie the Minor

Post by biomed32uk »

Picture of Maisie last weekend, having a rest after a run out....

qwertyhenry
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by qwertyhenry »

maisie looking really nice and well done on her mot passing with flying colors
LUR759H
Minor Fan

Post by LUR759H »

it looks like you have a nice car, well done!!

what did the mot guy look for?

working on a 69 traveler which needs lots doing to it and ive no idea what an mot inspector will think of my 43 year old car, i guess the inspector will never have seen one!

Alan[frame]Image[/frame]
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

A very nice looking car, well done and we may see you in the area from time to time! :D

captchaos
Minor Friendly

Post by captchaos »

Maisie is one good looking woman! If she fancies a date on September 7th in Castle Park in Colchester, its the lions club annual rally.
biomed32uk
Minor Addict

Post by biomed32uk »

Thanks for all the positive comments, shes on a continuous improvement program, but then all our cars are. Quite a lot of jobs been done since Mar on her, nice job been made of the bodywork and then thrown back together.

She is named after my Mum who suddenly passed away last year and helped make my long dream of owning and caring for an old car possible, seemed the right thing to do.

As for the MOT the most important thing the tester said was as long as it is not rotten, and what is supposed to be firmly attached underneath is, that it stops, goes where you point it, no play in any of the steering and suspension and the lights work then its all fine. I asked him for a complete and honest opinion, and if anythings wrong I would like to know. Think if you aim for them then its a good start.

First car I have put through an MOT for a while, being a company car driver isolates you from that, but I have always enjoyed cars and looked after them since I started driving at 17, it was needs must then as I couldn't afford to pay someone to do it, being an engineer it comes naturally as well.

Would love to do the castle park rally, but I am certain I have something going that weekend, shame that.

I have seen a couple of Minors round here, a light blue convertible that looks nice around the little clacton boot fair on a Weds morning, and a Traf blue saloon that pulled up opposite me earlier in the year, some tinkering under the bonnet and off he went. There's a light blue two door saloon up the road from me that's not moved in years, it was uncovered but has now been covered up to stop the elements doing their worst.