Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Moss

Post by bmcecosse »

Needed a gearbox bearing and gaskets. Did a price comparison with the usual suspects - and Moss had best price, thanks to a 'discount' applied at checkout. Ordered on Sunday evening and arrived on my doormat Tuesday morning. Great service. They also give the option to add in a catalogue - the Minor catalogue is WELL worth having - great exploded diagrams and parts lists. Well worth ordering something from them - just to get the catalogue! they also now have a branch in Paris - handy for those in France....
ImageImage
seriesmm_1
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Moss

Post by seriesmm_1 »

Totally agree with you BMC,I acquired one a few years ago on offer & the exploded diagrams are very helpfull.
BrianR

Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

I agree, even better when you have a branch on your doorstep, no need for the dreaded postage costs :P
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Moss are great to deal with and when they say they will get you something they will :D not like some dealers I cant mention as you get warned :roll:
drivewasher
Minor Addict

Post by drivewasher »

You don't need to purchase anything to get a free catalouge. I applied online for one FREE 4 years ago and since then have received at least 2 more updated versions. There must be one due anytime, the last one I received had the butchers van onb the front.

panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Moss do surprise me as I always thought they were more expensive than other suppliers (must be the glossy ads) but when I was looking for a pair of quarterlight mirrors Moss came in the cheapest, almost half the price of anyone else but still great quality. Always try them first now.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Moss are cheaper on a lot of spares and I was genuinely shocked with minor spares prices after using another dealer for years :o .
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Well my first encounter with them is the complete opposite I emailed them over two weeks ago for the said catalogue and I'm still waiting ! :x
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

The Moss catalogue is so good that the counter staff at my local dealer )no names but they are in the Black Country 8) )use it instead of their own
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Which is why I am not sure you can get a catalogue now -without ordering parts. I have in the past bought TR7 and Mini parts from them. The Cats came in for a year or two - and then dried up. I would always do a price comparison - including post and vat - before deciding where to buy. They do have regular '15% off' deals - and it may be I was lucky to unwittingly get that benefit. I didn't bother comparing prices with a place in Bath - enough comments flying around to suggest it would be a waste of time...
ImageImage
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

While it's good to have a catalogue to hand you can download the complete catalogue to your PC/iPad or tablet and browse it as a PDF file when you need to. Just select it from toolbar on the left of the moss homepage.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

They've got a better range of thermostats than some of the other suppliers, too. Great for when I was looking for a 74C after being sent an 88C from AN Other supplier, who gave no choice.
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

It states on their website that the catalogue is free if you either phone and request or email a request I did both and when I dialled the number during office hours it went straight to an answer phone message where upon they stated to leave your details etc. , did that and emailed still waiting .Unfortunately businesses seem to think that every one has a computer and that they have all the facilities to hand and are IT competent , although I have a laptop and use a computer at work I neither have the facilities at home to print I am not the best at using a computer . :cry:
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

It's handy to have the exploded view on hand when working on the car. Yesof course - you can download/print - but there it is in a nicely bound 'magazine' for you! I can only suggest you order a few 'essentials' - and the catalogue will be with you within 48 hours..
ImageImage
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

Budgie wrote:IUnfortunately businesses seem to think that every one has a computer and that they have all the facilities to hand and are IT competent , although I have a laptop and use a computer at work I neither have the facilities at home to print I am not the best at using a computer . :cry:
Indeed I have all these diagrams and manuals on my fruit-branded portable tablet. But there's no way I'm getting that covered in oil!
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Just ring them :wink:
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

I have done so and still no catalogue , I suppose I'll have to do what BMC has suggested and purchase something from them as long as what I want , they have and is cheaper than the rest. :wink:
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

I ordered one from their website on weds and it arrived today.Plus another catalogue of restoration tools.Good stuff!
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

tysonn wrote:I ordered one from their website on weds and it arrived today.Plus another catalogue of restoration tools.Good stuff!
so did i :D very handy couple of catalogues
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Well here's hoping I've just emailed them again after reading the last two posts...wish me luck! :wink: