Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sparesman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

IDENTITY OF MESSAGE BOARD USERS

Post by sparesman »

We have too many users hiding behind pseudodyms and often leaving stupid or sarcastic comments. It is time that all users were made to register under their real names so that we all know who we are corresponding with.
We have already discussed this problem at club committee.
If you are in support of this proposal please email the club office marking email for attention of "club secretary" so that we can discuss this at the next committee meeting.
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
les
Minor Maniac

Re: IDENTITY OF MESSAGE BOARD USERS

Post by les »

The location of posters should be discussed at club committee, it's been commented on enough times, not heard a single post requesting real names! regards LES. You mean words like 'sparesman' ? :D

samuria
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by samuria »

i think this has come about because a member wants to know
about the clubs project minor...
he was asked to identify himself :roll:

but still got no answer...to his question.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Mmmm....

Giving personal info out isn't a good move.

Les' details are - I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Leslie Blackpudding
13, Beanstalk Road
Bexley-on-the-Wold
Sahf Cahst
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

It's a shame there hasn't been such a keen interest expressed by the club regarding issues that I raised over my 15 or so years as a member... Hey ho. This is a very well-behaved forum in general, and it would be rather a shame if the club started becoming heavy-handed with it. What difference does it make knowing people's real names anyway? Surely those who don't want to provide them could just provide a false one?! And what would you be able to do differently with naughty people if they did provide their names? Blacklist them, or give them lines?! I agree that some comments on here are silly or irritating, but in all honesty they are few and far between.

Liam Sebag-Montefiore, aged 38 and a bit.
Further personal details available on request.
Last edited by liammonty on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well at least I'll be getting some Christmas cards now, Chris. :D-----and maybe you could send a copy of that book of yours?

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Hope no-one with the surname WATERGATE or NIXON never joins,
the mind BOGGLES!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

If it gets that formal, we'll be starting our posts---Dear Sir/Madam ! :D ------

bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

This is not something I have proposed or support

Jon Rocke
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

Thanks for letting us know. It's reassuring to hear that there are some balanced opinions out there too.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Indeed ! As above - let's start with 'sparesman' telling us who he is..... And - does he have TWO identities on the forum?
ImageImage
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

All a bit silly really - no-one should be expected to reveal their
real names!

PLUS there's the security aspect of divulging ones' name and,in
some cases ones' location - a VERY unwise move.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Indeed - could have angry Minor owners round at my door threatening me with sharp headlamp peaks....... or throwing coils at the windows... :o :roll: :cry:
ImageImage
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

bmcecosse wrote:Indeed - could have angry Minor owners round at my door threatening me with sharp headlamp peaks....... or throwing coils at the windows... :o :roll: :cry:
Dare say you wouldn't say no to 19yr old blondes throwing themselves at you!
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

bmcecosse wrote:Indeed - could have angry Minor owners round at my door threatening me with sharp headlamp peaks....... or throwing coils at the windows... :o :roll: :cry:
Naah you're too far away, no one can be bothered to trapse up to Scotland - unless they had the National Rally there.
Everyone knows who sparesman is, he's the club sparesman.
I think that I should have signed in as headunderbonnet
Last edited by mike.perry on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sig]3580[/sig]
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

You are right Les :D Samurai .I still haven't had an answer :roll: .I don't think sparesman is your real name is it :lol: :lol:
LUR759H
Minor Fan

Post by LUR759H »

Keep my blond wife out of this issue! This is almost as bad as some of my posts.... but to be fare the UK is much the safest place for posting personal detail on line like I said before about pictures with our cars and our families. I THINK THIS IDEA IS OK FOR ME TO PM MY DETAILS TO SOME PEOPLES BUT OTHERS I WILL NOT GIVE. However to post my details for NON members to see this is very bad! VERY BAD!!! and if the club makes this idea on line I will say no... I WANT TO SAY SOME BAD ENGLISH LANGUAGE WORDS but I think the club will not allow. This idea makes me angry, stupid peoples....

Esto es fácil para mí decir en mi propio idioma , en español .
Quiero escupo en la cara que es una persona loca que es una idea muy estúpida , ¿qué pasa con nuestra protección y la protección de nuestra identidad , por favor undestand esto es una mala idea , el club ya sabe lo que somos porque tenemos que pagar un suscripción.
ya la gente sabe nuestros números de registro de automóviles que conocen nuestros lugares , saben dónde vivimos , ¿por qué deberían saber nuestros nombres ? ¿por qué se necesita esta información , esto es muy malo ! me da rabia que el club no son sensative a esta cuestión.
No quiero decir cosas malas sobre el club que ha sido muy útil y estoy muy interesado para los miembros del club han sido muy útiles y muchos han se han vuelto como mis hermanos , que se preocupan por mi proyecto , mi coche . Mi coche es importante para mí y la gente me conoce por mi coche no mi nombre esta es una manera segura .
Estoy muy agradecido a los miembros , siempre uso un nombre Inglés Alan saben quien soy , nunca he puesto mi nombre completo español esto es para mi protección .
Es fácil y rápido para mí decir estas cosas en mi propia lengua, si no tengo que pensar en la traducción .
Lo siento si esto hace que un problema para usted, pero sé que hay muchas maneras para que usted traduzca .
Gracias de nuevo por una brillante club Minor Morris .
Sr. Alan Jose
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

So can anyone give details of this "club project minor"?.First I've heard about it(indeed shouldn't we all be knowing about it)?
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

For those of us not fluent..... Bing says
" This is easy for me to say in my own language in Spanish.

I want to spit in the face which is a crazy person that is a very stupid idea, what about our protection and the protection of our identity, please undestand this is a bad idea, the club knows what we are because we have to pay a subscription.

people know our registration numbers of cars that know our places, know where we live, why should know our names? why you need this information, this is very bad! hate me that the club are not sensative to this issue.

I don't want to say bad things about the club that has been very helpful and I am very interested for the members of the club have been very helpful and many have become like my brothers, who are concerned about my project, my car. My car is important to me, and people know me by my car not my name this is a safe way.

I am very grateful to members, always use a name English Alan know who I am, I have never put my full name Spanish this is for my protection.

It is easy and quick for me to say these things in my own language, if I don't have to think about the translation.

I am sorry if this causes a problem for you, but I know that there are many ways that you translate.

Thanks again for a brilliant club Minor Morris "
Well said!
ImageImage
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

BMC thanks for the translation :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512