Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Please help

Post by kennatt »

If it was taxed and mot'ed,when you gave it to them ,and so not an indicator of theft or selling on,it may be still locked up in their old property,contact the administrator or bank.An ask when you can recover your property.But I would have been down the Nick long ago.
The main problem you will have ,IF its been sold on,is that If the new OWNER!!!!!,bought it in good faith,then to get it back it has to be placed through the property courts.The police can't automatically grab it back, they can only do that if it's in the hands of the thief ,or a person who obtained it illegaly ,the proceedure is that they inform the guy ,that it is regarded as stolen,and that he can't sell it on or dispose of it,but it still remains in his possession untill the outcome of the property court,whereby you will be granted permission to recover it from him.He then has to try to get his mony back from the original seller.So a messy business.
Hope it,s still in the locked up garage ,good luck.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Exactly - so it's important to find out urgently if it's still registered to YOU. If not - get a good Lawyer asap. And I suggest anyone handing over their car to a 'restorer' should make sure they get a receipt for the car into their care, for repair/restoration at an agreed price and timescale. You still don't tell us how long your car was with him before you discovered it was missing. A week/month/year ??
ImageImage
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by ian.mcdougall »

I seem to be having a deja vu moment was there not a similar case before,
where a car was left with a repairer for a long time before trying to recover
the car, or am I having a senior moment :( :oops:

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

ian.mcdougall wrote:I seem to be having a deja vu moment was there not a similar case before,
where a car was left with a repairer for a long time before trying to recover
the car, or am I having a senior moment :( :oops:
No you're NOT going loopy,Ian!!

Was our Middx friend T&T'd in Koala's ownership?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Post by ian.mcdougall »

Thank god for that I thought I may have over indulged at this festive time
POMMReg wrote:
Cannot work out the meaning of this statement??
Might be a bit slow on this

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

ian.mcdougall wrote:Thank god for that I thought I may have over indulged at this festive time
POMMReg wrote:
Cannot work out the meaning of this statement??
Might be a bit slow on this
Traveller registered in Middlesex - too lazy to put "Koala's Traveller"!

Before we continue offering legal advice,Koala needs to clarify this.

What does the DVLA site say, T&T runs out when?

Does anyone actually like Christmas pudding? :o
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Yes! I like Christmas Pudding - but not had any so far......usually buy them when reduced to 50p..... :D I agree - urgently -find if the car is still Reg to you. Also -gather together all the paperwork/pictures etc - anything you have to confirm you own(ed) this car. The 'restorer' of course may say you gave him the car, to do with as he wished. since you had lost interest in it etc etc.... Or - that he sold it to pay for extended 'storage' costs when you left it with him, and then made no contact. This is why you may very well need a GOOD Lawyer.
ImageImage
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

I think under the latest vehicle change of ownership legislation,its very difficult to register a car unless the original owner has sent off his part of the v5,I think,allthough could be wrong,that both parts have to marry up,one from the original and one from the new owner,at DVLA.So I think its probably still in your name.Theres a good chance it's still in the garage,or have you checked that. :-?
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

cancel that just found out that you can via apply via form v62,but then depending on the time scale you would have had a fine from dvla for failing to notify change so who knows :-?
Gilesv
Minor Friendly

Post by Gilesv »

It appears he has a car for sale on Car and Classic..it's been on there since the 26 Dec, unless I'm mistaken.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C345174

If this link doesn't work you can look it up under the C345174 reference number.
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

And a phone number.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

AND a saloon from November.... http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C276389 And a Conv which is marked 'sold' (good luck to whoever bought that....) and a 2CV .... http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C458793

I would answer the Traveller advert, turn up to view the car with a front man he doesn't know (but go mob handed), and demand to know where YOUR Traveller is !! Or offer to take that one in it's place.... But - no responses or answers to questions from 'koala' ..... so what's going on ???
ImageImage
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

bmcecosse wrote:AND a saloon from November.... http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C276389 And a Conv which is marked 'sold' (good luck to whoever bought that....) and a 2CV .... http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C458793

I would answer the Traveller advert, turn up to view the car with a front man he doesn't know (but go mob handed), and demand to know where YOUR Traveller is !! Or offer to take that one in it's place.... But - no responses or answers to questions from 'koala' ..... so what's going on ???
Mmmmm......

No dates mentioned either(?).
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

It could of course be the administator,selling off stock . :(
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

The advert says that similar cars can be supplied to order..... Which certainly suggests that the Company is still operating. Even if it is the administrator - I would still be turning up and demanding my Traveller back !! Take pictures - note names and addresses... Still no word from 'koala'..... :roll:
ImageImage
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Post by chuffit »

More to this than meets the eye I think. I have doubts about hearing from the original poster again , he seems pretty relaxed about losing his car , I'm afraid I would have been knocking on doors ages ago.

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Me too - and I would be haunting this thread to pick up any news and helpful tips...... :roll:
ImageImage
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

And - still no news on this 'lost' car ... amazing... :o :roll:
ImageImage
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Post by ian.mcdougall »

Possible we have been had (sorry if not true koala ).
When I said something like this happened before I was thinking about a similar post that died out after a while, unless I am mistaken and my senior moment did happen :oops: :oops: :oops: