Please help

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Koala
MMOC Member: No

Please help

Post by Koala »

Hi I have just found out about minor miracles in Devon, I have been trying to get my car back for sometime after a spell of ill health.
I've no idea what to do to try and find my car, it was my mothers at one stage as well so sentimental as well.
Please could anyone help.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Please help

Post by les »

Not clear as to the circumstances of your loss, are you trying to find who owns it now, or have you just lost it, or has it been stolen? What is the significance of Minor miracles regarding this car, is that where you took it? You need to elaborate a little.

panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Someone else has had the same problem but they did get their car back minus a few bits :cry:

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... es#p539975

All I can say is keep trying to contact them.
Koala

Post by Koala »

My car went into minor miracles and now I have no idea where it is, I have tried to ring number is disconnected them and visited site but nothing there, they have closed.
I feel deversated my flossy
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Thanks for clarification, sorry to hear that, not sure I can help on that situation, hopefully you will receive further posts that may have some useful suggestions.

Koala

Post by Koala »

Thanks Les x
The vast minority
Minor Fan

Post by The vast minority »

Ring companies house and or the local trading standards and ask who is dealing with the administration of the company, then contact the administrator they must get your car back but you may have to pay for works already done.

You have a v5 and whilst this isn't proof of ownership it's better than the defunct company have. You may also have proper proof of ownership as well, more info would help

Al
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Contact your local Trading Standards. But when did you take your car there - and why ?? You could also report it stolen to Police - and check with DVLA that you are still the registered keeper. If you left it there for several months - they may have disposed of the car to cover the cost of work done, if they were not able to get payment from you.....
ImageImage
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Do you have correspondance letters/e-mails between you and
Minor Miracles.

Good to get in contact with the other customer - see topic link
above.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Koala

Post by Koala »

I have contacted other customer.
, it went back to them to look at paint work they had done, John was always very lovely and helpful.
I will check with DVLA and if have to report to the police was hoping to just get hold of john.
There was no money to pay or bill.
Crying my heart out, just had such a horride time and loosing flossy has just felt like the final straw.
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Don't loose heart, your car is still around and you own it but it will take a little leg work to track it down.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Website still up.... I would go round there and ask around to find out where Mr Phillips lives - and bang on his door! Maybe the local Police Station could help with where he lives... Do you have any evidence that he is holding your car ?? Doesn't appear to be a Limited Co - so he will be personally liable for your property.
ImageImage
Koala

Post by Koala »

Been to house it's all up for sale the estate agent said it is a bank sale :(
Thanks for lots of ideas, please keep them coming, need all the help I can
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

I don't doubt Mr.Phillips is a nice man - but where is your car now?

Prime concern is the return of your car!

Contact the Police asap!

visit 2mor and ask neighbours, local PO or shops - google auction
sales and such. Contact DVLA to see whether a new V5c has been
applied for.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Follow up the 'bank sale' then - someone knows where he is - and he knows where your car is ! The other party had a 'letter' asking them to remove their car - did you not get a letter? And again I ask - how long was the car there??? To 'look at paintwork' takes 30 mins max....no need to leave the car.... Warning to all when dealing with Traders...... :roll:
ImageImage
Koala

Post by Koala »

This is flossy, please feel free to share[frame]Image[/frame]
Koala

Post by Koala »

DVLA she is taxed and MOT so suggests she has been sold.
This is heartwarming and heart breaking.......a at least she is not in a graveyard but she is mine. Will ring the police today and report.
Mr Philips has had all our contact details and was aware of serious illness but that has not stopped us contact and trying to get flossy home
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

If its back on the road as you suggest,then the police are your best bet,it should be traceable,the current USER will be in for a shock , unless he is the one who grabbed it in the first place.but don't expect to just get it straight back,the proceedure is quite complicated,and lengthy. But you are the legal owner and it will come back to you eventually
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

Nice looking Traveller, and registered in Middlesex with the 'MF' suffix, the same as mine. :) Hope you get it back soon...
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

So - everyone on here - do you know where MMF 881 C Is ??? But do get to the Police Station - show them your V5 document - and ask if they can check who the current 'Registered Keeper' is - they can do this pretty well instantly with DVLA. They may not tell you who it is - but they should be able to tell you if it's still YOU !
ImageImage