Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
debmog8437
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Thank you! Thank you!Thankyou!

Post by debmog8437 »

Hello I am new to MMOC and would just like to say a very special thank you to MMOC member: busguy, who I do not know personally, who responded to my wanted ads on here for help in looking over a potential Morris minor purchase .

Busguy went out of his way to travel up to see this moggie who is named 'Hettie' and thouroughly looked her over and test drove her on my behalf, he gave such amazing advice to me and I am now the proud owner of 'Hettie' a 1964 four door Almond Green Morris Minor 1000.

Aside from being new to MMOC and Morris Minors,and the proud owner of 'Hettie' I must say that busguys generosity in helping me , a perfect stranger has touched my heart and made my new year!

Thank you so much Busguy-wow thank you !

And A Very Happy New year to everybody :)
Last edited by debmog8437 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Re: Thank you! Thank you!Thankyou!

Post by Trickydicky »

Welcome to the fold and a happy new year to you too, if you have any questions you only need ask.
Thanks Busguy for helping out, if I could, I would shake your hand, (maybe at this next years national?)
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
debmog8437
Minor Friendly

Post by debmog8437 »

Thank you -happy new year!!
John Naylor
Minor Fan

Post by John Naylor »

Well done! Welcome and can we have some photos? What part of the country are you in?
John

Bertie.
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

well done busguy!
debmog8437
Minor Friendly

Post by debmog8437 »

Hello there -very nice traveller you have there !..I am in East Sussex..how about you?

I am trying to get some photos uploaded of 'Hettie' asap :)

Busguy said she is a cross over moggie- I could not afford a concourse one but love Hettie and she has a duo tone green and cream interior. She also has an unsighlty aerial that i will have removed. She is in the garage at the moment to protect her from salt on the roads and from the sea....but dont you worry i am a road hog and will be on the road ASAP....anyone else here from my area?

Any one know of any upcoming shows presumably is spring/summer where I can get to meet some of you and your moggies?
Last edited by debmog8437 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
debmog8437
Minor Friendly

'Hettie'

Post by debmog8437 »

[frame]Image[/frame]
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by busguy »

Deb
There is a guy on here from Hastings not too far from you, 'aupickup', (Dennis) who has a vast amount of knowledge on Minors, and who also may have some Minor parts, handbook, etc, etc. that you might need, or know a man locally who has them.
I will see if I can find anyone nearer, but it might be worth you touching base with him, and if he is willing to guide you through the early stages of ownership of a Minor and help you to learn about them, it would be very valuable start for you.
John
Last edited by busguy on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
debmog8437
Minor Friendly

Post by debmog8437 »

Great brill thank you-have bought a couple of handbooks on ebay today but yes please put me in touch if he is open to that?
I Love'Hettie' who is all tucked up in the garage at the moment as salt on the roads!

:)
samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

[quote="debmog8437"]Hello there -very nice traveller you have there !..I am in East Sussex..how about you?

She also has an unsighlty aerial that i will have removed.

i would leave the aerial for now... as you might have to remove the roof lining to get at the
base nut :o also paint might get removed from the roof :(

as mentioned get in touch with( aupickup) dennis.
very helpful guy
very nice car you have :D
show us some photos of the interior please :wink:
Earling Dean

Post by Earling Dean »

debmog8437 wrote:Hello I am new to MMOC and would just like to say a very special thank you to MMOC member: busguy, who I do not know personally, who responded to my wanted ads on here for help in looking over a potential Morris minor purchase .

Busguy went out of his way to travel up to see this moggie who is named 'Hettie' and thouroughly looked her over and test drove her on my behalf, he gave such amazing advice to me and I am now the proud owner of 'Hettie' a 1964 four door Almond Green Morris Minor 1000.

Aside from being new to MMOC and Morris Minors,and the proud owner of 'Hettie' I must say that busguys generosity in helping me , a perfect stranger has touched my heart and made my new year!

Thank you so much Busguy-wow thank you !

And A Very Happy New year to everybody :)

What a great post and what a great guy in Busguy 8)

I'm also new to MMCO and it's great to see that there is people out that will help....well done guys

Regards

Earling
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Them wheels look wide to me - they might be van wheels or the newer ESM wheels - they are usually 145 tyres with 4" wheels. Yours look abit wider. Which is a nice option

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
John Naylor
Minor Fan

Post by John Naylor »

Hi Issy,
Hope you are enjoying the Traveller. I thought they looked like later van wheels too (4.5" reputedly). Hope you don't mind me being pedantic but saloon wheels are 3J which are 3" not 4" or even 3.5" as some people claim. The measurement is taken inside the rim from bead to bead and some are even stamped up 3" inside.
John

Bertie.
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

The wheels on the '64 saloon look to be fairly new ESM wheels, but I am not sure on that. The tyres are recent Bridgestone 145/80x14's. All looked good to me.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

:D :D :D :D pleased to help
StaffsMoggie
Minor Addict

Post by StaffsMoggie »

Nice to read this! Welcome to Minors debmog, I hope you enjoy your Moggie, looks lovely. Good on busguy for looking over her.