Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blades
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Perambulator Folding Garages

Post by Blades »

Has anyone any experience of using a Perambulator folding garage

All being well I will be buying my first Minor soon, I will have use of a garage at my mothers but at home we have only got a drive way

I was wondering if any one has used/is using one and also a car cover in the past and which they think is the best

All opinions good or bad will be grate full

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Perambulator Folding Garages

Post by bmcecosse »

Don't waste money on a car cover!
ImageImage
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

I used to keep my Kubota mini tractor in a poly tunnel. Often thought it would be ideal for a Morris or two. Putting a car cover on a wet classic car can't be a good idea. They rust well enough without any help.
millerman
Minor Addict

Post by millerman »

Perambulator folding garage being the operative words :D
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

SteveClem wrote:I used to keep my Kubota mini tractor in a poly tunnel. Often thought it would be ideal for a Morris or two. Putting a car cover on a wet classic car can't be a good idea. They rust well enough without any help.
What about condensation in a polytunnel? We have one (for veg, not cars) and it's normally pretty humid in there, even with the ventilation flaps.
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Mine was open at one end and no plants transpiring. The tractor stayed dry and rust free.
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

SteveClem wrote:Mine was open at one end and no plants transpiring. The tractor stayed dry and rust free.
I hadn't figured it could be the plants!
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Thank you all

The idea of a folding garage does seem like a good one to me at least

If I do decide to buy one I will keep every one informed :-)

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

Much against Roys views, the stormforce fitted breathable covers are superb, I have two in use as I type outside on a morris minor and a Austin metro and its blowing a gale .. they work superbly and look after the car, and its amazing they are bone dry underneath.. in the winter there is time when I will not uncover a car for maybe four weeks and then when I do the car is spotless and shiney and doesn't need any further cleaning or drying off.. the monsoon ones are also good but only suitable for winter use... they also do keep the interior cool which stops sun fade or interior damage and also keeps rays of the paintwork which prevents fading and also stops bird poo acid damaging the paint etc and acid rain marking the paint which over the last 10 years ive said acid raid do a lot of damage to paintwork on older cars.. I wouldn't be without one, even more if I didn't have the covers id probably sell the cars as trying to keep them mint, show standard without them and no garage would be impossible!
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

Much against Roys views, the stormforce fitted breathable covers are superb, I have two in use as I type outside on a morris minor and a Austin metro and its blowing a gale .. they work superbly and look after the car, and its amazing they are bone dry underneath.. in the winter there is time when I will not uncover a car for maybe four weeks and then when I do the car is spotless and shiney and doesn't need any further cleaning or drying off.. the monsoon ones are also good but only suitable for winter use... they also do keep the interior cool which stops sun fade or interior damage and also keeps rays of the paintwork which prevents fading and also stops bird poo acid damaging the paint etc and acid rain marking the paint which over the last 10 years ive said acid raid do a lot of damage to paintwork on older cars.. I wouldn't be without one, even more if I didn't have the covers id probably sell the cars as trying to keep them mint, show standard without them and no garage would be impossible!
Also you CAN fit these covers to a wet car as they are breathable and it will dry off under the cover, and I have done it myself when got caught trying to fit in the rain, went out a hour later and the car was bone dry under the cover so it does work and does no damage... trust me im ocd regarding my cars and them being mint... my minor, metros are concours and win trophys.. Others on here may say there no good others on here will say they are good.. I can only say what I can from my own personal experience.. you get what you pay for and they look after my cars superbly and couldn't and wouldn't be without them!

These are the links

saloon
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor- ... 3a6137e2d9

pickup
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor- ... 3cd7b29f93

Traveller
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor- ... 3a6648d96a

Van
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor- ... 3a6de42e1e
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I agree that a good quality breathable cover can be a good storage solution. My beetle had been kept that way and had survived very well. For a regularly used car, though, covers are a pain for all sorts of reasons!
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Thank you lads, it gives me some thing to think about

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

If you do go down a poly-tunnel or similar route, make sure it is absolutely well anchored. A Young Member sadly didn't and is now looking for new wings....