Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
chuffit
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

four door rear seat back

Post by chuffit »

Does anyone have a good rear seat back in red that they would sell ? Failing I will be looking at repairs I take it this can be done ? Thanks in advance for replies,

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: four door rear seat back

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

what is the problem with the seat as depending on the damage \ problem a repair might not be possible
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Post by chuffit »

A fairly common problem I believe , the sun has ruined the top edge all the way along. I didn't know I could get a new piece of material put in as the rest of the interior is pretty good .

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

i assume you mean that the fabric has cracked and ripped, removing the cover is fairly straight forward, you then have two options as i see it

1. replace the fabric that but you will have two problems as i see, firstly it will not be easy to make a template from the fragments, it can be done but not easy, the second and far more serious problem will be getting a replacement vinyl that is a colour match given the amount of time the rest of the interior has had to fade, of course you could then colour all the vinyl to match.

2. glue another piece of fabric under the existing vinyl to hold everything in place. this might work if you have not lost any bits of vinyl.