Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Boomlander
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Idiots behind you!

Post by Boomlander »

Roni wrote:If the person behind you notices things like brake lights or know what they mean.
Exactly - ignore the pillocks, they won't risk damaging their boremobiles and if they do they will definitely come off worst! :evil:

Roni
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Roni »

Once, driving slowly with other cars through flooding, an Audi came racing up behind. He obviously could not wait for the slow cars, especially that old thing, as he accelerated, pulled to the left where no cars were driving and made a huge splash as he found out why. I don't think the water flowing through his car did the leather any good. Not much sympathy for him was on show either.

GBond
Minor Fan

Post by GBond »

I've been tempted more than once to install floodlights pointing backwards, not only in the Minor but also in the modern.

I drive fairly quickly, even in the Minor but by far the worse idiots are the ones that pass, get in front and then reduce their speed to walking pace. There's always a few whenever I'm climbing a hill and they make me lose all momentum, which is important not having way too many horses under my foot.
Gabriel
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Driving along a local road and needed to pull in to the side. Mirror and left indicator and slowed gently on the brakes keeping to the side and almost touching the kerb leaving plenty of room to pass. Car behind stuck right on my rear bumper and stopped behind me then blew the car horn when I came to a stop and he/she had to pass me. How do you spell @@@@@@@ moron?
[sig]3580[/sig]
Boomlander
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Boomlander »

Some of these "Drivers" need a refresher course in roadcraft, that is if they ever had driving lessons or passed a test!
If I had a pound coin for every time I have had to use my skills to compensate for the idiocy of some Yutz, who should not be let loose with a hoop and stick let alone a car, I would have £17546.00 give or take a fiver! :wink: :D