Transporting Minor by trailer to National Rally.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
LouiseM
MMOC Member: No

Re: Transporting Minor by trailer to National Rally.

Post by LouiseM »

Oddball67 wrote:Comments like, 'What a Cheat' and 'Really can't see the point of taking a non-runner' insures the MMOC are really a bunch of Old Fa-ts.
Don't assume that just because someone posts here they are an MMOC member, but I agree that if you can't say something constructive don't say it at all.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Nothing wrong with old fa-ts! ----or old farts for that matter. :D

aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

well said to much negativity on this site
we dont all have endless pockets we can just dib into so some things have to wait
midget
Minor Fan

Post by midget »

Oddball67 wrote:Comments like, 'What a Cheat' and 'Really can't see the point of taking a non-runner' insures the MMOC are really a bunch of Old Fa-ts.

Here we have an enthusiast who wants to go, look at other minors, enjoy the rally/event, mix with other like minded enthusiasts and maybe purchase a thing or two and yet this thread has so many negative comments,

I appreciate there is some supportive comments of helping the person, but lets back off with the negativity and accept that they're going to attend. trailered or not and enjoy there company.

Finances pay a big part in repairing these vehicles are we're also presuming there is no issue.
In the meantime if we can help lets do it.
Fully agreed, but I don't think in the OP's case is a financial consideration, as it will be much more expensive to do what he is proposing---extra fuel, 2 pitches/parking etc. I also support his plan, as there will be a wealth of knowledge and supply of parts readily available on site surely? Just take plenty of tools. :)
Sounds like a good plan to me.
John
PGC520A

Post by PGC520A »

Hi all,

At the national Rally lots of people do exactly what this member wants to do, it bring a car on a trailer !!! , I really cant see what the issue is !!! if its not in Concours !!! ( where the rules state that car has to be driven) Lrt just enjoy the cars and the more Minors that come the better in my view

Andrew
National Rally Team Leader
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

well said and so much less personal than what i tried to write ( and stopped myself as i am not going to lower myself to the level of the negative people on here)
The vast minority
Minor Fan

Post by The vast minority »

Blimey, all got a bit political, is it often like this here? :D

I can see the potential for some to be offended by the stronger of the comments issued. However, I'm sure that anyone reading this as an impartial observer would take the view that all who have responded want to help and would simply like to see the vehicle driven if at all possible. Don't overlook the fact that the OP who has since fallen silent, has said he will trailer because of reliability issues. I consider that everyone whom has responded has a universal interest in helping the OP to solve these issues and thus be able to drive the car.

Personally, I wouldn't give a monkeys if a car arrived on a trailer, was driven or fell from the sky! As long as the car made it and the owner was happy.

Anyway, if the OP is reading, I hope you get there in the car, if this resource can help you to drive it there , then great, if you choose to trailer it because you want to trailer it then, runner or not, you will be one up on me :D

Now chaps, chill out, :wink:
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

It is unusual that at least some of those who object to a Minor turning up on a trailer won't actually be bringing a Minor to the Nationals at all!
Just saying.
The vast minority
Minor Fan

Post by The vast minority »

chesney wrote:It is unusual that at least some of those who object to a Minor turning up on a trailer won't actually be bringing a Minor to the Nationals at all!
Just saying.

Nice one :wink:
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I arrived at the National last year on the back of a recovery truck. I find that if you lift the bonnet and stick your head under it you soon attract a small crowd trying to diagnose the problem and offering to fix it :P

Eric - 1971 Traveller
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

My suggestion was that the car should be FIXED - rather than trailered to a rally where the idea is to show off your car. To take a non-runner on a trailer seems completely pointless to me, especially as it is trivial problems affecting the car. By all means attend -and enjoy - just leave the non-runner at home...... :roll:
And as ever - I strongly object to the 'personal' comments directed at me - the forum should never be allowed to be a voice for personal comments against others. Just shows how low some can sink...... I've added you 'Oddball67' to my naughty step, so you wont be troubled by any help from me in the future.
ImageImage
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I daresay my post upset people too, even though I tried to make them lighthearted. I stated my opinion, which like others I'm entitled to do! :roll:

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

One of the problems that I have come across is that the majority of the organisers of rallies need the car to be insured in its own right if taken off the trailer.
As my Minor is not road legal I cannot get insurance for it in its own right so therefore I cannot drive my Minor on the road and it has to be trailered everywhere - it has in the past attended several Minor rallies but never taken off its trailer.
Here it is pictured at the Malvern Hills rally a few years back.
My own opinion is that it is better to attend a rally even if on a trailer than not at all. :D :D :D[frame]Image[/frame]

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

And that's absolutely fine for a track car ! And indeed should be actively encouraged. Although I would have thought it could be taken off for show - just not driven around without insurance. Road car insurance counts for nothing 'off highway' anyway....
ImageImage
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I arrived at the National last year on the back of a recovery truck. I find that if you lift the bonnet and stick your head under it you soon attract a small crowd trying to diagnose the problem and offering to fix it :P
Now that does sound like a plan. :P
Just make sure the trailer is out of sight!! :lol:
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

bmcecosse wrote: And as ever - I strongly object to the 'personal' comments directed at me
i do not see your name mentioned anywhere in the previous posts roy...

Also you seem happy to be personal about people, I am more than happy to provide examples if you wish.

Please add me to your naughty step.
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Like the race car Phil :D
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Not happy seeing that bloke having a pee behind the trailer! :D

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

:lol: :lol: looks like he is dogging
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I am pretty sure that he did not have a dog :D