National Rally.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

National Rally.

Post by 1098 »

I had a great time at the National. My thanks to all involved,from my end it went so well. Well organised,and I wanted for nothing. Showers were great ! Thanks again everyone.
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: National Rally.

Post by jagnut66 »

Seconded, another great national. thanks to all those who took the time to organize it. :D
What was the turnout this year though? I went on Saturday and there didn't seem as may there as in previous years?
Or was it just my imagination??...................
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Some pics for anyone interested.......
I had to attend in Miranda this year as Abby's a bit off colour.............
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame] I arrived just before 9.00am and I think people were still setting up...[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]I have a big soft spot for the 'Farina' ...... Unfortunately so do the banger boys, some of which are still prepared to go to underhand (putting it mildly) lengths to get hold of them, so I hope it has 'deterrents' fitted.....[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame] Great car the Rover P5.... and it looks like a manual too, which is a real rarity...[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]The wonderful group I'm part of, proving that you don't have to be MAD but............. :lol: [frame]Image[/frame] I think Teardrops are the way forward in the face of the ever increasing prices of a 'cheap' room for the weekend. :-? [frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]Brilliant mural in the background.[frame]Image[/frame]Who wouldn't like one of these but it must take time and dedication, haven't they done well!![frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
And there has to be a 'Stag' in the park, doesn't there.......[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame] Scampston Hall[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]Cottage in the country, anyone.....[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]..... and to finish (for me anyway - I'm sure other's have got loads of pics to share), this lovely green splittie.....[frame]Image[/frame]
Best wishes,
Mike.
Last edited by jagnut66 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Fantastic pictures :D
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

irmscher wrote:Fantastic pictures :D
Thankfully NO (ahem Nissan Micra) "Morris Men"!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

i went on both days and had a good time but numbers were very low and saturday was a beautiful day[frame]Image[/frame]
[sig]5641[/sig]
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

here is another[frame]Image[/frame]
[sig]5641[/sig]
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

dalebrignall wrote:i went on both days and had a good time but numbers were very low and saturday was a beautiful day[frame]Image[/frame]
Need to have a Rally "Soon Sooth" for a change - bit unfair for those who live in the SE/SW - next year's equally on the doorstep to us West Country folk?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Thanks for the compliments about my car
A rare photo of KOU 147 without the trailer
Missed most of Saturday trying to fix someone's Traveller!
Last edited by mike.perry on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sig]3580[/sig]
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

Nice to see a highway yellow Minor that isn't mine!
allsetuk

Post by allsetuk »

A big thank you to the whole National Rally team, really wonderful well organised event. The journey, the weather, the setting, the company, the nostalgia was all very inspiring and made for a wonderful fun weekend ! Cant wait to do it again, lovely to see old and new faces and recieve a warm welcome :D[frame]Image[/frame]
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

We had a lovely time, although the autojumble seemed less fruitful than last year and I agree it felt down on numbers. Apart from one incident with a marshal who'd let her hi-viz go to her head, I thought the site was well managed and I was pleased to be able to help out when the PA needed moving! All in an enjoyable weekend and I look forward to it being a little closer to home next year.
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

A few more pictures from a most enjoyable weekend.
[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

We arrived on Friday and camped until Monday, a really super weekend! All facilities were grand, hot showers and clean loos :D

Yes it seemed smaller than some years but I think it was one of the better ones!

We need 2 nationals every year!!

Too many Minors so little time.....
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

Qwerty, your 3rd photo down of the Black 1275 Splitscreen Traveller, has me in the background Woollarding with Woody, my 1961 Traveller !! It looks like a Classic Top Gear interview from the 80s.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
customjob
Minor Fan

Post by customjob »

For those of you complaining about the national being NORTH of the Watford Gap. I did an approx 700 mile round trip to the National this year in Series 2 with an 803 and no problems. The car in Question is in the photos (NIA) Anyway for those of you still complaining 2017/18 Nationals will be SOUTH of the M25. A small group did an extended MoT trip Including there mileage to the location in France 8 other countries in Europe and mileage home was around 3500 miles and they still attended the National.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Down south? Lovely ! Those that like long distance in a Minor could go round the M25 a couple of times then on to the rally!

aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

but we use ours everday of the year :D
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Time to find a caravan then, as I'm b**gg**ed if i'm going to pay the extortionate price that will be charged per night for a room down that end of the country.....
And I dread to think what they want for petrol down south these days...........
Best wishes,
Mike.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

petrol £1.13