Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Who owns the Morris name?

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I have just read the article in the magazine about the 'concept' Morris Traveller, designed for the modern era by the chap from Reading and it set me wondering who actually owns the rights to the Morris name these days??
Please tell me its not BMW................
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
The vast minority
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Who owns the Morris name?

Post by The vast minority »

I believe it's the Chinese
Nanjing motor corp
Unless they sold it on.
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

highland morris doe's,i believe :lol:
moggyadventurer

Post by moggyadventurer »

Its owned by SAIC

See below link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morris_Motors
Higgy
Minor Friendly

Post by Higgy »

It's amazing how we sell off our Historic Companies to foreign companies.

Just because Europe told to have an open trade system, we obeyed and started selling,
the French and Germans didl not let go of their utilities and other assets

Is there anything out there that we still own ?

All the red telephone boxes in Sheffield got removed (70's) and replaced by Perspex or something as horrible.

I saved an old wall Post Box and use it at home.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I think it's a national disgrace how in the decades since the last war successive governments / politicians have sold this country / it's people down the river.
All for their crusade to get rid of the English nationalism that they were so terrified of, now if you say you're English and not British you virtually get accused of racism.
They even sent our orphans to Australia, stating they'd have a better life but not really caring what happened to them...
and look what did!!
I'm glad they seem to be finally getting some compensation financially, however nothing can give the survivors back their scarred childhoods!
Shame on the politicians of this country and their pathetic insincere apologies and hand wringing, none of them should ever hold office again and their parties should be disbanded!
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Andy W
Minor Fan

Post by Andy W »

jagnut66 wrote:I think it's a national disgrace how in the decades since the last war successive governments / politicians have sold this country / it's people down the river.
All for their crusade to get rid of the English nationalism that they were so terrified of, now if you say you're English and not British you virtually get accused of racism.
They even sent our orphans to Australia, stating they'd have a better life but not really caring what happened to them...
and look what did!!
I'm glad they seem to be finally getting some compensation financially, however nothing can give the survivors back their scarred childhoods!
Shame on the politicians of this country and their pathetic insincere apologies and hand wringing, none of them should ever hold office again and their parties should be disbanded!

Get off the fence & tell us what you really think..! :)
The vast minority
Minor Fan

Post by The vast minority »

jagnut66 wrote:I think it's a national disgrace how in the decades since the last war successive governments / politicians have sold this country / it's people down the river.
and look what did!!

Are you. Taking the blood pressure pills?
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I've just reached that wonderful time of life where I'm old enough to speak my mind and not give a hoot what other's think of me for it!! :D :D
Higgy
Minor Friendly

Post by Higgy »

You are a Grumpy Old Man with serious issues you need to attend a Chill Course

I will soon be at our Cottage in France where we have a Park bench and sort out the World,
do you want to reserve a seat, we eat meat, drink Malt, have butter on toast and love the
life we live in Rural Northumberland. I worked in Sheffield for 30 years so have seen the
other darker side of life.

Now where is that Single Malt hiding ?
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

You are a Grumpy Old Man with serious issues you need to attend a Chill Course

I will soon be at our Cottage in France where we have a Park bench and sort out the World,
do you want to reserve a seat, we eat meat, drink Malt, have butter on toast and love the
life we live in Rural Northumberland. I worked in Sheffield for 30 years so have seen the

:lol:
Reserve me a single malt, wonderful stuff!!
I also have two sugars in my tea and am proud to be 'politically incorrect' whenever I feel blunt honesty will do nicely! No politician me!! (Won't catch them being honest! :lol: )
But less of the old..... I am only 49. Big Five 'O' in January! :P
drivewasher
Minor Addict

Post by drivewasher »

Higgy wrote:You are a Grumpy Old Man with serious issues you need to attend a Chill Course

It just so happens![frame]Image[/frame]

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

8) :lol:
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Got one of these on my wksp door
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRUMPY-OLD-MO ... 5d51b28346
and on the other door a sign declaring this workshop is Grumpy's.
49 year young, wait till you reach 67 as I am.
Phil

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

A cottage in France? That's typical. take our British money and give it to some foreigners. France is full of them! They speak a strange language, drink wine, eat snails, drive on the wrong side of the road, and smell of onions and garlic. Just make sure you don't begin anything nasty back into Blighty when you return. Why not come down t'pub and sit on a bench to drink beer and eat ready salted crisps? Who on earth wants to chill when one can br grumpy and un-PC :o
Higgy
Minor Friendly

Post by Higgy »

I hope I do not cock a doodle diddley things up by trying to add a picture.

Francophile I am afraid to say and the only stowaways in my van on it's return will be copious bottles and boxes of wine
together with large tins of duck, which is delicious.

The van will be locked and sealed with the dog on Kill Mode, if all else fails Start Beating The Drum

RAMMING SPEED.[frame]Image[/frame]
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Nice place :D Hope it's a good way from the terminal or you might have some unwelcome guests who've decided to stay in France after all :o