Just thought of this,someone must have done it?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
rumpelstiltkin
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Just thought of this,someone must have done it?

Post by rumpelstiltkin »

So,hello all and i've just bought my first classic car,a 65 traveller for £1000,with a little mot still on it!I'm well chuffed!!Anyway,as i often do when i'm about to get into a project i bolted upright out of my sleep and thought of something 'someone' must have thought of doing before,it's about the wood on the traveller.
It was the only thing that put me off this particular car i purchased,was the old guy that had it had painted the wood!!!Eek i thought,was it just an attempt to protect it or hide a multitude of sins??Anyhoo,bolted out of my sleep and thought right,once i take all this paint off and the age old problem that most of you must fight with,ie the wood starting to look all different shades everywhere i thought bingo,veneer!!!
Am i completely off my head even thinking of this as a little experiment?If the wood i get back to is reasonable,dry etc,laying a thin ash veneer over the whole of the woodwork,would it be viable just for appearance sake??I know this will seem like sacrilege to a lot of you but it was just a silly thought i had,and now i've said it out loud,be gentle with me,what do you think??
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Re: Just thought of this,someone must have done it?

Post by chuffit »

I cant really see how you will get veneer around the curves as it doesn't like to bend both ways at once

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

I think you need more to worry about :lol:
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
rumpelstiltkin
Minor Friendly

Post by rumpelstiltkin »

Im just wondering if it was actually a dream i was having that i'd done it?There were no curves in this dream!!(i think they'll swallow that?)and yes,i do have lots more to worry about,as no doubt you will all soon find out!!