Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
lencot76
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Rear Brakes

Post by lencot76 »

Since this is the first Morris I have restored,there is still a lot to learn about them.It is a Morris 1000 1968,I have just fitted new 8 "front shoes.Checking the rear,I was surprised to find,they are 7"is this normal.Also I have lost my password,and have been given a temp.one .How to I change my password,to one I want Len :roll:
qwerty165
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Rear Brakes

Post by qwerty165 »

lencot76 wrote:I have lost my password,and have been given a temp.one .How to I change my password,to one I want Len :roll:
You need to click on the user control panel in the top left corner. Once there you will have a set of headings under the words user control panel. click on the one labeled profile. You will then have a choice of three headings on the left hand side click on the bottom one edit account settings which brings up the section in which you can change your password.

As far as the brakes are concered I believe it should be 7" on the rear as only the front were increased to 8" with the introduction of the 1098cc engine.

lencot76
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Rear Brakes

Post by lencot76 »

Thanks ,that has sorted it out .I couldn`t understand,why they were different on the rear .Len :lol: