Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
herclepercle
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Model of my Morris

Post by herclepercle »

Hi,

I'm looking for a model version of my Morris to have on my desk at work - it's a 4 door grey saloon. Anyone got any idea where I can get hold of one for a reasonable sum? Seem to be loads of 2 door ones but I want it to be the same :)

TIA
Christian:
qwerty165
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Model of my Morris

Post by qwerty165 »

It is not easy believe me, I managed to find a triang spot on model for about £20 which is 1:42 scale and painted it to look like my car.
Picture2.jpg
Picture2.jpg (84.24 KiB) Viewed 1372 times
Picture4.jpg
Picture4.jpg (34.87 KiB) Viewed 1372 times
Picture5.jpg
Picture5.jpg (35.61 KiB) Viewed 1372 times
Last edited by qwerty165 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I love the fact that the model has one of the old fashioned (non-electrical) stick-on de-mist panels on the rear window. Haven't seen the full size thing for many years.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

My brother sent me a model of a maroon traveller, even though mine is Almond Green. So I'm about to paint the real car Maroon B. :D
herclepercle
Minor Friendly

Post by herclepercle »

Mark Wilson wrote:My brother sent me a model of a maroon traveller, even though mine is Almond Green. So I'm about to paint the real car Maroon B. :D
Reminds me of the James May column I read once where he said rather than buying a personalised registration, you should change your name by deed poll to the reg you already have :)
qwerty165 wrote:It is not easy believe me, I managed to find a triang spot on model for about £20 which is 1:42 scale and painted it to look like my car. (snipped)
Lovely images - think this is my best bet - thanks :)

Edit: How on earth did you get one for £20? All the ones I can see are for over £100 :( Cost almost as much as the real thing! Hehe
Christian:
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

herclepercle wrote: How on earth did you get one for £20? All the ones I can see are for over £100 Cost almost as much as the real thing!
Pure luck I believe, just happened to look in the right place at the right time.

IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

I'd expect £20 to be about right for a tatty one suitable for repainting. You can get new chrome bumpers for each end cast in white metal and plated to replace the plastic bits which get broken so that's not really an issue. The last one I got was about £7 and then about £4 for the new chrome bits and is now Almond Green.
A very good original one, with its box would be over £100 these days, but you don't really want one of those if you want to paint it to match your car. Original colours (of the model) were pale blue (most common) bright red (less common) and metallic green (very rare).

I like the black one on the trailer. Wonder if anyone makes a 130" Defender...
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

IaininTenbury wrote: metallic green (very rare).
Well I never knew that, the one I painted was originally green and the paintwork was not too bad either.

mad-4-moggywhite-1
Minor Fan

Post by mad-4-moggywhite-1 »

I wish that I had read this earlier. I let my seven year old grandson play with my miniature moggy recently. When he left I noticed that he had removed all the tyres and stacked them up neatly for me to find after he had gone little treasure! :o I had no idea it could be worth something. Mine is a Corgi model and is a black 2 door saloon with red interior and red stripe down the side. At the time I owned a 4 door saloon but otherwise it was identical to mine. I have only just noticed that it has a tiny little number plate on it 917 CFC. If there are any Chelsea fans out there who are also huge moggie fans (hey you never know!) or even better if you own the life size model then I could be persuaded to part with it for substantial sum of money :D
Sorry I think that you will have to take my word for it my photos won't load i've tried re-sizing I think my daughter may have to rescue me when she gets home! To follow........... :)