Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blades
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Busy Weekend

Post by Blades »

I had a busy weekend with Bessie, my mate fitted new rear brake shoes and new front Newton Commercial seats

What a difference these make, the old seats after half an hour would give you back ache (I do struggle with a bad back), but the NC ones are really comfy

Not only are they comfy but you can move the base backwards and forwards and the back rest moves to what position you like, the colour of them are just about a perfect match for the rest of the interior

They are expensive but if you are thinking of buying some I would recommend them

I also tried to grease the trunnions, this was the first time I'd tried to do this, the grease gun I have been given was an old one, but I don't think it put much grease in so a new grease gun is on the cards

After all this I gave Bessie a wash and polish, she is now very pleased with herself

I've attached some photos of the seats

Nick[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
[sig]9332[/sig]
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Busy Weekend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
They look like they are recovered MGB seats. I wonder.
They do look nice, by the way.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Thanks Mike

They came with the metal base which fastens straight on to the original brackets and just needs new holes drilling for the rear brackets

Not sure if they are MGB ones that have been recovered but they are very comfortable :-)

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

I've had Newton seats in for a few years now. They really make a difference to driving the car especially on long journeys.

I believe NC based the design on the Rover 100 seats. They're brand new bases not recovered ones. :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

They look identical to my CW 'series 3' seats. Very comfortable. Only downside is reduced legroom in the back.
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

ive got those they are lovley remember to feed them once a year with a good qualiaty leather cream
[sig]5641[/sig]
Blades
Minor Fan

Post by Blades »

Thank you for all the replies, Steve yes the leg room in the back is reduced a bit

Looking forward to getting some miles in now

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]