Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: MMOC RAC Breakdown cover

Post by IaininTenbury »

Agreed with Brittania Rescue. Like Green Flag I guess, they just use local agents so no incentive for them to wait (make you wait) for one of their vehicles. They cover me regardless of vehicle or age. I have my oldest Minor registered with them just incase they try and add an age restriction, but its invariably something else I phone up about. No issues either with sending out a man to confirm its broken they'll take my word for it and get it recovered.
Even on one memorable occaision I was towing a Minor on an A frame and broke down and they sent out two recovery trucks! Top service :)

Cheaper than AA and RAC too...
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
parkview094
Minor Friendly

Post by parkview094 »

Have you tried asking your insurance company for a quote for breakdown cover? I've just taken out a fully comp policy for myself and my wife which has come in at £96.93 for the year including European Breakdown Cover..
Blades
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Blades »

I've just recently signed up with Start Rescue, one thing you can do with them is down load an app to your phone, should you break down you just click the button, it sends a message to them and with the gps from your phone they know where you are. They then send you a text to say how long they would be

Hopefully I won't be needing this :-)

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

The original question was about MMOC RAC Breakdown Cover - is there such a thing?
ImageImage
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

Well I assume that's the cover that one can get with the RAC with a club discount code, in which case it's just RAC cover, but cheaper!
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

But is it? Can anyone confirm getting a 'discount' ?
ImageImage
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

I did get a discount on RAC breakdown/recovery service through my MMOC membership but I suspect I could have haggled it anyway. Only needed to call them once and for my modern car, not a Minor. I guess it then depends on the individual patrolman and I'm sure some are fine. The one who came to me was useless. Didn't seem to have a clue - suggested that my car had "a turbo fault" which a garage he knew close by would be able to fix for a reasonable price...... My car didn't even HAVE a turbo. After asking him to arrange to simply recover the car home, which my policy included, he refused to and made a lot of excuses and I eventually had to get somebody else to recover the car which I fixed myself at home in less than 30minutes! I did make a complaint to the RAC who seemed genuinely shocked and gave a further 12months free membership but I didn't renew after that........
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

:lol: :lol: :roll: My Green Flag for my modern is all of £19 for the year. Roadside/flat tyre changing/wrong fuel fixing etc etc - which is fine since the car is covered by Manufacturer' s 'Roadside and Recovery' - except when I read the small print - these things aren't covered - only 'Warranty' problems are covered!! What use is that on a dark and stormy night..... Always read the small print.... :evil: :roll:
ImageImage