Posts Breeching Terms & Conditions

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.

Moderator: Moderators

Cam
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Posts Breeching Terms & Conditions

Postby Cam » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:38 pm

Could I remind all posters to adhere to the Terms & Conditions as agreed to when you registered.

Specifically the following points:

8. You agree not to negatively criticise any individual, organisation, product or service.
10. The MMOC website is not a forum for complaint.

This is due to possible litigation from traders/individuals, which if the MMOC becomes involved in a case (as the owner of this forum), the forum is in danger of being removed completely, which would be a real shame for all concerned.

If anyone has a complaint, please contact the individual/trader directly and seek a resolution. If none is forthcoming or you are not satisfied with the result, then please notify the MMOC at the Derby office in writing so that we can log the complaint. Then simply don't use them again!

I do hope you all understand the reasons why these conditions are in place. If anyone requires more of an explanation, please feel free to PM me. :D

Thank you all for your understanding.

les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Posts Breeching Terms & Conditions

Postby les » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:16 pm

We've not had this problem for some time now but I think I know what post is being referred to. Probably best to mention the problem/fault to make folk aware, and then a pm could be used by interested parties to ask for more specific details.

mike.perry
Series MM Registrar
MMOC Member: No

Postby mike.perry » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:08 am

If a fraudulent car is advertised through the Club website, converted claiming to be original tourer, wrong chassis number etc and is spotted by a sharp eyed reader then surely the Club has a duty to intercept the advert and if the seller cannot give a valid explanation then the advert should be removed
Last edited by mike.perry on Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sig]3580[/sig]

busguy
Minor Addict

Postby busguy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:55 am

mike.perry wrote:If a fraudulent car is advertised through the Club website, convterted claiming to be original tourer, wrong chassis number etc and is spotted by a sharp eyed reader then surely the Club has a duty to intercept the advert and if the seller cannot give a valid explanation then the advert should be removed
One would think that should be the case, but 'common sense' is sometimes interpreted in strange ways.
Do all car clubs adhere to this club's thinking, or is there an alternative way of doing it out there?

les
Minor Maniac

Postby les » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:09 pm

Common sense is not all that common.

busguy
Minor Addict

Postby busguy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:01 am

les wrote:Common sense is not all that common.
Probably not, but it is amazing how this particular 'old school' approach helps you find simple, sensible, answers to issues. It needs rediscovering and become common practice.
Just saying ....... :wink: