Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
meensy
MMOC Member: No

First time poster.

Post by meensy »

Hi.

I have been a club member for approx 6 months but this is my first post.

I am the owner of my second Traveller. 1967 Almond green currently on the road Mot'd taxed and insured. I have had this perticular car for approx 6 months. I bought the car sight unseen from an old lady in the north of Scotland.
Unfortunetely her husband had passed and left 2 minors. My Traveller and a pick up. The woodie was his daily driver and the pick up was his works vehicle. (he was a black smith).

When it arrived with me it looked far worse then it was however a couple of weeks of work had the wood stripped, treated and danish oiled. The underside wire brushed and wax oiled/undersealed. The interior freshened up with a new carpet set and the seats scrubbed. 1 or 2 other things that were needed including a full service and she sailed her MOT.

She is in desperate need of a re spray and as such she is booked in for a full paint job next week.

Thanks for having me on board. Photos to follow if any one is interested.

Cheers.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: First time poster.

Post by bmcecosse »

Oh yes - we like photos !
ImageImage
Chris Williams
Minor Friendly

Post by Chris Williams »

I haven't been on the forum long myself but from what I've seen its a fantastic group of people.there's an endless knowledge and tips from members and by far the friendliest car club I know of :D
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Welcome! As BMC says we like pictures here, you could start a restoration thread :D

Too many Minors so little time.....
MoggyBlue
Minor Fan

Post by MoggyBlue »

Welcome :) would love to see some pictures shame you didn't buy the pickup aswell ;) :lol:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------1968 Morris Minor - 2 door - Smoke Grey - De luxe - called Norma
-1970 Morris traveller - trafalgar blue - De luxe - called Ona
meensy

Post by meensy »

I tried for the pick up but it stayed in the family.