Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: What does the panel think?

Post by bmcecosse »

Well I think the thread proved it's point - if you want to test the market for a good/maximum price - go to ebay (but be aware of the fees) , and by all means post a link here. If happy to pass on parts to fellow Minor owners at reasonable or low cost/free - then show them here. What REALLY annoys me is when relative newcomers to the forum (in this case never having contributed in any way to the questions etc on the forum) appear, and stick up parts at frankly ridiculous/excessive prices - hoping to catch a 'muggins' who wants the part, and doesn't realise how much over-the-odds the asking price is. Of course - it may be the part is local and so carriage cost is eliminated, but even so I would suggest some 'Mike Brewer' negotiation on the price should take place ! I trust it's not 'unfair' of me to contact folks showing an interest in an obviously excessively priced part, and gently advising them to double check the price elsewhere.... :wink: Oh and since the person in question has seen fit to put comments against some of my few 'items for sale' - I won't now be shy to comment on his items. Hopefully - some others will too. :)
ImageImage
leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

bmcecosse wrote: I trust it's not 'unfair' of me to contact folks showing an interest in an obviously excessively priced part, and gently advising them to double check the price elsewhere.... :wink:
Absolutely and here's how to do it. :D

http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30823
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

A possible misunderstanding there! :D

samuria
Minor Legend

Post by samuria »

bmcecosse wrote:Well I think the thread proved it's point - if you want to test the market for a good/maximum price - go to ebay (but be aware of the fees) , and by all means post a link here. If happy to pass on parts to fellow Minor owners at reasonable or low cost/free - then show them here. What REALLY annoys me is when relative newcomers to the forum (in this case never having contributed in any way to the questions etc on the forum) appear, and stick up parts at frankly ridiculous/excessive prices - hoping to catch a 'muggins' who wants the part, and doesn't realise how much over-the-odds the asking price is. Of course - it may be the part is local and so carriage cost is eliminated, but even so I would suggest some 'Mike Brewer' negotiation on the price should take place ! I trust it's not 'unfair' of me to contact folks showing an interest in an obviously excessively priced part, and gently advising them to double check the price elsewhere.... :wink: Oh and since the person in question has seen fit to put comments against some of my few 'items for sale' - I won't now be shy to comment on his items. Hopefully - some others will too. :)
well said :wink: and true :lol:
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

I gave a ladder rack to a mate of mine, free to me anyway!

Probably could of got £50 for it, choice between a few quid or an ex PO van looking much better...

All some people can think about is making money out of this hobby, or exploiting enthusiasts...

Depresses me at times!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

If I don't have a use for something I offer it free. I always seem to get a bottle of nice wine ( or two). Seems that a zenith carb was worth a bottle of Rioja in 2013...
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Crikey - a Zenith?? Possibly the worst carb in the world!! Ooooops - there I go criticising a sale... although I gather it wasn't yesterday.
ImageImage