Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
blakeroberts
MMOC Member: No

Selling a Morris

Post by blakeroberts »

Dear All
I am assisting with the sale of a Morris for a friend who is elderly with alzheimers. I know nothing of the vehicles but have located a V5 stating it is a Morris 2-axle-rigid body saloon colour green petrol engine 948cc registered on 9th September 1958.

I would be grateful if anyone could advise where/how best to sell this vehicle or whether there are traders or garages that I could contact to take it off my hands. I am visiting my friend tomorrow and hope to obtain some pictures.

I would also be grateful if anyone could advise of an approximate/estimated value. I understand the vehicle to be in good condition but not used for many many years.

Thank you
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Selling a Morris

Post by busguy »

I have sent you a pm.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

Advertise it on HERE for free! Don't go anywhere near 'Dealers' who will rip you off mercilessly. Is the car a 'runner' with a good long MOT (although it doesn't actually need one - it's a good idea to put it through the MOT anyway - a good pass will add a lot to the sale-ability of the car ) - or is it a 'restoration project' ??? Let's see some pictures please. You can always go to ebay with it - but it's a bit 'hit and miss' - and very much depends - obviously on condition - and where in the country the car is located for easy viewing by prospective buyers.
ImageImage
leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

Contact your local branch who will I'm sure help.

At least make sure you get more than one opinion on value as there are some people out there who will try to take advantage.