Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Adrian Pearse
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

HELP NEEDED

Post by Adrian Pearse »

City of the Unexpected.

Cardiff City Centre Saturday 17th September.

I know this is in the middle of our Marie Curie Run. However I hope the club can help. Please read on

CITY of the UNEXPECTED

The title may seem a little odd but believe me the oddness will soon be explained hopefully.

The South Wales Branch has been approached by a Media Arts production company & The National Theatre of Wales. To supply forty Morris Minors and there owners/drivers to take part in the centenary celebrations of Roald Dahl the children's author in Cardiff on Saturday 17th of September 2016.

No city has ever attempted a transformation quite as magical as that planned in Cardiff. The event will see an Orchestra of 200 people playing from the battlements of Cardiff Castle, Talking Gargouyls on the bridge, A mobile Choir, JCB Diggers preforming Ballet around the city centre, The National Theatre of Wales performing on the streets, The national Ballet Company of Wales dancing on the streets the list goes on.

Organisations involved include National Theatre of Wales National Ballet Company of Wales Welsh National Orchestra, Cardiff University of Performing Arts and Media, City of Cardiff Council, The Welsh Assembly, South Wales Police and Fire & Rescue The Red Arrows The RAF The Army JCB A Twelve foot high giant peach National BBC & ITV and BBC/ITV Wales.

The Director of Events is Mr Nigel Jamison. Who's he some of you ask? Nigel Jamison directed the opening ceremony of the Sydney Olympics and the closing ceremony of the Manchester Commonwealth Games. Maybe now this will give you an idea of how big this event is going to be.

What does this have to with Morris Minors?

Morris Minors where in one of Roald Dahl books. Nigel Jamison has asked the organisers for forty Morris Minors and for them to be an active part of the celebrations . Owners will be driving there cars around Cardiff City Centre as part of the procession with members of a choir singing from the vehicles.

If you are interested in helping please contact me with your details. or if your at the National come and find me on the South Wales Branch Stand Branch Ave, or the Series 2 Register Stand.

Please note no payment for travel accommodation or expenses will be made. cars must comply with usual regulations. Liability cover is the responsibility of the organiser.

Thank you