Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Budgie
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

logging in and out of new site

Post by Budgie »

Ok as it stands, do we have to log in and out each time we use the new site. The reason I'm asking as I have not only found it difficult initially to log in I have just "logged out" and clicked back onto the site and it's come back as me being logged in.
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Re: logging in and out of new site

Post by qwerty165 »

I do not think you need to log in each time. I have not even had to login, I was signed in already when I clicked onto the messageboard.

Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

So what if you want to add to a topic or answer a query / question , do you have to "log in" or just simply open the site up ?
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Well it's taken me another few days to get back on this site with the help of a mate that's I.t. literate [well at least a lot more then myself], so here it go's again . :D
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I've always had to log in every time I want to participate on the forum but probably because I'm always on 'private ' browsing. I'm a bit paranoid about letting the internet fairies know anything about me because it's none of their business...
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by greendefender123 »

SteveClem wrote:I've always had to log in every time I want to participate on the forum but probably because I'm always on 'private ' browsing. I'm a bit paranoid about letting the internet fairies know anything about me because it's none of their business...
Even if you click on messageboard first? I'm always asked to log in on the homepage but its always logged in on the messageboard. Could be worth checking.
Trickydicky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by Trickydicky »

You must have an auto fill setting selected in your browser that auto fills your username and password.
If you go into your browser settings you can clear any remembered usernames and passwords.
I would not reccommend having this set if it is a "public" computer. I define "public" as a computer that does not need a username and password to log onto the operating system.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

I use my personal lap top but I had difficulty in logging back on the new site as it would not accept my password and in the end I tried sooo many times that I had to "solve" a cryptic puzzle each time I attempted but lets hope that from now on all will be resolved . :D
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Ok so is it just me or are other members finding it difficult to log in to the new site. I thought I had sorted it out last night with a mate of mine but when I tried to log in today I had to log in twice using two different passwords, / user names . :x