Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
alexandermclaren
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

the first series11 de-lux car production

Post by alexandermclaren »

Slim chance .but here goes guys and gals.anyone apart from the heritage center got any info on the first delux cars surviving and on the road.my series 11 has chassis numbers that could indicate that it was the 30th delux model to run off the production line in October 1953.i could get the heritage certificate for a mere 40 quid but that only gives me the day of production , which is fair, but then I would need to get another 40 quid to assertain the very first delux two door car,s dates and compare them so having spent over 80 quid I am still slightly guessing, but this I do know I have the very first 2 door delux still surviving and on the road the chassis number starts with 222xxx,this is chassis number 555 away from the numbers in ray, s book however from details found on line there were all five derivatives on the production lines at the same time so going by a rate of 35 an hour my car should be the next days production to be made an delux version .so anyone who can enlighten me on this subject or who has got an earlier car plese post.many thanks

alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Re: the first series11 de-lux car production

Post by alexandermclaren »

Last years photo from her resting place in Birmingham
Attachments
IMG-20161023-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20161023-WA0001.jpg (209.39 KiB) Viewed 1096 times

DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Have you been in touch with the series 11 saloon, convertible and traveller register? Heres a link to there page, there is also a facebook page if you use it. Stpehen Gordon is one of the registrars and can be found here on the site as Stevey.

http://series2saloonconvertibleregister.weebly.com/

Too many Minors so little time.....
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Cannot even guarantee BMIHT info is correct,; 4drs listed as 2drs, G/boxes & R/axle numbers all over the place - this is why I bore you all with body number info - go for ID which was applied first!

Anyone know whether Ray's info was cross referenced with body numbers?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!