Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Unimatrix1066
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Rust proof covering

Post by Unimatrix1066 »

Just looking into painting under neath the car , I was looking at epoxy mastic it looks a nice finish has anyone tried it?
Dean
Minor Legend

Re: Rust proof covering

Post by Dean »

I'm using epoxy mastic on my old mini, from www.rust.co.uk. I am painting it on rather than spraying. First impressions are excellent, I would use it again. As the car isn't on the road yet, I can't comment on it's rust proofing qualities. I would recommend purchasing the plastic tubs to help you measure out the mixture and order plenty of them too as you can't re-use them.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

Unimatrix1066
Minor Friendly

Post by Unimatrix1066 »

Looks like a good product , I got a rust converter from Esm I think it dimitron of something it's useless after removing surface rust from rear axle a month later bits are coming through anti stone chip paint I applied
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Like anything paint wise, it's important to ensure everything is clean. I purchased the ISOPREP IPA and give everything a clean getting into all the corners with a fine paint brush after prepping. This way I am confident there is no residual grease on the surface to have rust converter applied, before painting. It's not cheap, but the finish is rewarding. :)
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535