Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Not what it seems.

Post by les »

Maybe its old news to others but today I discovered all about 'protected Ncb' it turns out that yes, your NBC is protected for the following year, if one makes a claim of two but ones insurance premium is increased because of a claim, despite the NBC remaining as it was. There was me thinking the only increase might be a general annual one if the policy was protected. Conned again! This came about by my declaration that my bike was stolen in April. Although I had protected NBC and the settlement came from another company, they still wanted to load me, yet try to transfer you 'protected' insurance from one company to another, and see how far you get.

leafie

Re: Not what it seems.

Post by leafie »

When somebody hit the volvo I used to own the company that covered my Mini tried to increase the insurance on that even though they were different companies and I had NCB protection on both. When I refused they reduced it, I no longer bother with protected no claims because of the way it works, protecting your NCB but not your initial premium which in my experience is never made clear when you pay.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

While on the subject of insurance companies, this weekend I trawled through a load of emails and found that a couple of weeks ago my insurers (for my modernish daily) had sent me one which I hadn't got past the heading of, as it looked like one of the multitude of adverts I get. When I finally opened it I found that it was telling me that my insurance was about to expire, or rather that by the time I read it, it had expired. Brief panic, then read on and found that it had auto-renewed at a mere 18% more than last years (no claims made).

A single email, no postal correspondence - would seem almost like it had been designed not to be noticed in time to ring up the meerkats for alternative quotes. I know paying attention would have avoided this situation, but it does seem a bit sneaky.

Mark
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Why should car insurers be interested in the National Coal Board...I think we should be told! :o :lol:
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!