Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
AndrewT
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Nec classic show

Post by AndrewT »

My first time attending the show has anyone else been before? What's the parts like? Many parts up there for the moggy more so splitscreens also who's else is going?
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Nec classic show

Post by geoberni »

Hi Andrew
As a new member of the MMOC and the Forums, I was reading the East Midlands Branch pages a few weeks ago and came across this entry....
http://www.eastmidlandsmmoc.co.uk/2016/ ... w-nec.html

It carries a Disclaimer...
*Please note that this article is written from the personal perspective of one Branch Member and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Branch as a whole, or of the MMOC as an organisation*
Basil the 1955 series II

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

spot on imho, and the entry fees this year are more despite the 'discount. ' Many of the cars here may be classics in the future but are not now. It is nice to see cars of a bygone age in pristine condition, but like the blogger, I prefer something that is used as intended and gets to an event under its own steam.

These events are bordering on corporate junket status.
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

Not been for many years. Last time was as an exhibitor (not with MMOC). My car suffered slight damage whilst on show which probably continues to cloud my judgement. Although I live less than 30 miles from the NEC, I think I'd sooner save my money to spend at the next Beaulieu autojumble, despite this involving a 290-mile round-trip!
1956 4-door called Max
Cam

Post by Cam »

We regularly attend and have a stand for the Minor LCV Register and we are certainly NOT corporate! :lol: :lol:

There are plenty of businesses there as you'd expect BUT also a hell of a lot of other car clubs who are down to earth and very friendly.

Last year, I was photographing a Rolls Royce (unusual for me) and a chap came over in his Rolls Royce garb and I fully expected him to tell me to sling my hook as I was wearing my LCV Register shirt but instead, he could not have been more friendly and helpful. I was chatting to him for quite a while and I came away very happy and with a different perspective!

Maybe I'm biased, but the show is well worth attending. If you don't like the Bentleys, Ferraris, etc then just walk past them and find some proper BL tin to have a butchers at because there is plenty! :D :D :D
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

having been around a dozen times, I think we won't be going this year as its costly and getting boring. autojumble (if you call it that) is expensive and not really set out well.

too many people pushing and shoving. I got my foot trodden on a couple of years back and the person looked at me and walked off. I should have launched him there and then.......
SageGreenPete
Minor Fan

Post by SageGreenPete »

I've never looked at it as a jumble show, I like the big tool stands though.

Now as a car show it's second to none imo, yeah you can pay half to walk around a wet field and see the same cars year after year, have a crap burger for £6 and be done in a few hours but I've been going most years to the nec since about 2000 and never managed the lot in a day!

I'll be there going in my minor for the first time in about four years, not many actually drive there in proper classics so I'll be flying the flag for the 50s cars still in use.