Front seats

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Pjenny
MMOC Member: Yes

Front seats

Post by Pjenny »

My moggies front seats are differant sizes,its a late 1970 2 door saloon, the passenger seat is defenately smaller,is this supposed to be,i wander whether maybe a mini seat my have been changed at some time or another?
Ian46
Minor Fan

Re: Front seats

Post by Ian46 »

Hi there Jenny,
A photo of the front seats would help in identifying the query.
Some late 2dr saloons (mostly Trafalgar blue in colour) had a folding front passenger seat.
Busy collecting parts for my '52 MM Convertible and 1949 Saloon restorations. :o
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Picture would definitely help. Maybe a seat out of an earlier car??? Must be possible. My long-gone 1971 Traveller had a duo-tone (1961-1963) driver's seat!
1956 4-door called Max
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

The classic Mini front seats are mounted completely differently to the Minor front seats. Therefore unless someone has gone to a lot of trouble to install one I think that you can discount the seat as being from a classic Mini.
As above - a photo of the seat(s) fitted would help considerably in identifying what you have.

jaekl
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by jaekl »

The folding passenger seat will not appear smaller. The only variation that will look like a Minor seat but will sit differently is a seat from a truck with shorter rear legs, so will lean back a bit and look smaller.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

From your description it does not appear to be a Minor O/E seat but could be from any vehicle.
A picture of the seat would still be beneficial.

paul 300358
Minor Fan

Post by paul 300358 »

It may just require new foam and rubber bands, have you got the rubber lifting blocks under the seat?
Pjenny

Post by Pjenny »

The seats have had new bands and the covers have been taken off and everything has been replaced,but the passenger seat is less broad acrossthe back and consequantly the seat base is smaller hav'nt got a picture here,cars kept at other premises sorry!