Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Budgie
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

why lock a post

Post by Budgie »

I see the post has been locked after me being denied future help by an admin member, now that's an abuse of power surely and why do it publicly ?. I did write a post in relation to me only just noticing that I am to be declined help by the said admin member but I hadn't noticed the post had been locked even though I was not having a go at any one but merely stating that I do not understand the ins and outs of a pc like an awful lot of people. It's a shame now that I find myself contemplating not renewing my subscription and searching for another club to join which would be a shame as I only wanted help. If the statement of "I remember when this site was a pleasure to log into" or words to that effect, offended some one, then that was just me trying to calm things down in my own way / manner but it seems to have had the opposite effect by means of declining me of any help which is rather unfair me thinks. It's not in my nature to be ungrateful or offensive so this has come as quite a shock to me but there again, the written words can be misconstrued through postings, emails, etc. Wish I hadn't asked in the first place now. :(
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: why lock a post

Post by Admin »

Hello Budgie
The reason the post was locked is that it has several times gone away from the subject of 'how to post pictures' into unfortunate differences of opinion. Other people will doubtless go searching for 'how to post pictures' in the future, and it's of no use for them to wade through peoples personal opinions when looking for help in how to do that. Everyone has said their piece, made their positions clear, and moved on. I hope that makes sense.
I'm disappointed that you think that me preventing thread drift, and drawing a line under conversations that have become 'entrenched', is an "abuse of power", but you are of course entitled to your opinion. This thread also has nowhere to go other than 'he said, she said', and it serves no purpose to carry on bunfights on the forum so this post will also now be locked. Again, I trust you'll understand that, and hopefully we can return to more useful forum topics :D
Many thanks
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster