Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Just saying hi.

Post by Blaketon »

Good on you. Yes it will need work to keep in good fettle but at least you won't be over a barrel with computerised servicing. My neighbour has a big Fiat 500 and when they had to change a side lamp bulb, they had to remove a front wheel and wing shield just to get at it. Now there is the fault code to be reset. As a matter of interest, how do you come out over free road tax on working vehicle (Assuming you are self employed)?

On the subject of swimming pools, not far from where I grew up, there was an open air one (It was a pre war job), which was a Godsend during the Summer of 1976. Some years later, it was replaced by an indoor one. Some time later again, the local colliery put in some very mechanised coal cutting equipment (Akin to an underground bacon slicer) and there was a lot of subsidence. The swimming pool tilted, so that the deep end was about a foot shallower and the shallow end overflowed when the pool was full. I don't know if it's still there. The pit is long gone.
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

Blaketon wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:01 pm As a matter of interest, how do you come out over free road tax on working vehicle (Assuming you are self employed)?
As far as I’m aware it doesn’t make any difference. I don’t pay VED at a different rate for my Connect, so the Minor shouldn’t be any different.....hopefully.
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

While crawling around under the van I noticed that it has 7 leaf springs, from what I’ve read here 7 leaf springs are fitted to Travellers (and aren’t interchangeable with vans) and vans should have 8?