Application for a registration certificate UVK 323

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bobby
MMOC Member: No

Application for a registration certificate UVK 323

Post by bobby »

Good morning, In 1976 when I was 15 I got a rotton 1952 split screen minor, I had it restored 35 years later, got an MOT and insurance however the DVLA refused UVK 323 being registered, they have no record of the number. I have no old documents for the car, I have pictures of the restoration, a recent signed declaration from the previous owner in 1976, some recent MOT certificates, pictures which I have attached one. Is there any help or advice available on how I can get the car registered with UVK 323. Thank you, kind regards shaun
ianmack
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Application for a registration certificate UVK 323

Post by ianmack »

For DVLA to consider reinstating an original number they require some form of official document linking the original registration to the car’s chassis number or VIN. An old log book is ideal but if you haven’t got it your best bet is to see if original records survive from when the car was new. Before DVLA was set up vehicle registrations were administered by county or city councils and when records were computerised some kept the old records and some didn’t.

Years ago owners could claim numbers by producing photos, old tax discs etc but they have tightened up and now require proof including the chassis number.
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

The registration number was issued by Newcastle-upon-Tyne council. According to the resource I use, it was issued between September 1954 and March 1955, which clearly doesn't match the age of your car. As my resource has some inaccuracies, that is of little concern. My point being that an inquiry to Newcastle-upon-Tyne city council may help. They may still have vehicle records archived somewhere.
1956 4-door called Max
bobby
MMOC Member: No

Post by bobby »

Good morning, that's fantastic information, my recollection of 42 years ago about when the car was made could well be wrong. It also tallies with a comment in a petrol station near Kings Lynn "what's a minor from Newcastle doing down here!" which I paid no attention too but it stuck in my mind as something odd to say! I will make an inquiry. thank you