Is my Morris officially MoT exempt? Historic Vehicle vs Vehicle of Historic Interest

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oldmogman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Is my Morris officially MoT exempt? Historic Vehicle vs Vehicle of Historic Interest

Post by Oldmogman »

I think I've jumped through all the hoops but I just want to check with other owners who've declared their car MoT-exempt that I've taken all the right steps!

I completed a 'Declaration of exemption from MoT' from V112 and produced it at the Post Office when re-taxing my car last year, my tax reminder letter confirms my car to be an Historic Vehicle, as does my logbook.

However, I've noticed the term 'Vehicle of Historic Interest' used in the government guidance on what constitutes substantial changes - see link.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-criteria

So is my Historic Vehicle classification the same thing as a Vehicle of Historic Interest classification? Is it now legally MoT-exempt?

And before anyone tells me I shouldn't be shunning the MoT test, I'm getting my car voluntarily tested every other year!
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Is my Morris officially MoT exempt? Historic Vehicle vs Vehicle of Historic Interest

Post by les »

If you haven’t made substantial changes your vehicle is mot exempt, you can see what constitutes substantial changes in the link you posted. It’s your choice to mot or not. However as you intend to carry on testing, your entitlement to exemption is academic.