Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
heps
MMOC Member: Yes

Fuel Pump

Post by heps »

Evening all

Need to put a new fuel pump on my 1960 Morris Minor 1000 saloon, but the one on it now is not an SU type and wanted to buy a second hand one and refurbish it myself and bring the car back to original spec. Therefore the question is want SU fuel pump model should I be looking for as have been told to get an AHU 66 and AHU25 so confused which is the correct one. Can someone put me on the right path please Thanks
StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Fuel Pump

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

The only difference I can see is the plumbing, both 12V and minimum flow of 8 GHP
AUA25 has a threaded outlet.
AUA66 has a hose tail outlet and is what you want.
If you’re going to buy a used pump to overhaul it is best fitted with points and the usual working if hit to know the solenoid coil is OK.
New points £14.28
Diaphragm kit £25.08
New pump fitted with points £101.40
Regards John
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

The AUA66 pump is the standard Morris Minor SU pump. You should be able to find a secondhand one in need of reconditioning for very little money.
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

Doesn't the club spares have reconditioned pumps?
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

If your non standard fuel pump is working satisfactory I would stick with it.

SU fuel pumps either work well or are always stalling - reference to hitting the pump above which is a well know trick to get the pump working again.

Both pumps are the same except for the outlets which are screwed into the pump valve body - so the outlets are interchangeable.

Whilst it is good that you are prepared to overhaul a pump yourself you do need a good pump to start with it is not just the breaker points that fail. You may end up sourcing more than one pump to make one good one.

My preference would be to purchase a reconditioned pump from the Club Spares at least you will know that it works and you can send it back if it does not.