Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Jamiet
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

v5 error

Post by Jamiet »

Sent my V5 off to DVLA 9 weeks ago. Finally they are sending a new V5. When i bought the car i noted that in error under model it was recorded as morris 1100 which of course it is not. It is a four door Morris Minor 1000 (1098).DVLA are saying i need a confirmation and a form completed by the manufacturer? Without a clairvoyant i doubt this is possible. Advice is welcomed. I am working on a complaint letter now...
ianmack
Minor Addict

Re: v5 error

Post by ianmack »

Oh dear. There are so many of these stories about dvla nowadays. Vehicles registered under the earlier procedures were mostly put on the dvla computer record during the 70s and 80s. Much of the data was hastily copied from old documents and inaccuracies are commonplace as they seem to have been pretty sloppy at that time. Now the boot seems to be on the other foot and the tiniest requests for amendment are met with endless prevarication and demands for written proof.

The advice we usually give on here is to leave minor inaccuracies as trying to rectify them causes more trouble than it’s worth. In your case unfortunately the can of worms has been opened. If they want proof of your vehicle’s origin a Heritage Certificate is probably your best bet. Let us know how you get on.
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by ampwhu »

£43 for a cert? really? think i'll give that a swerve.

what is the point of paying that?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

No point for those who feel that way but nice for folk who like to know more about their car.
I think mine was a fiver, for a Mini I think.

POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Send pic of vin plate,the car showing model & reg.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!