How many younger four door 'Cheergraters'?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

How many younger four door 'Cheergraters'?

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
A question of survival here:
According to Ray's book the grill change from 'Cheesegrater' to 'slatted' on four door cars took place at car number 290173.
My car is 287363, which means the change took place 2810 cars later but how many cars survive between my car and the changeover to slats?
I ask firstly out of curiosity but also because I think less four doors survive overall, so I wondered how many out of those 2810 four doors are still with us?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Castanley
Minor Friendly

Re: How many younger four door 'Cheergraters'?

Post by Castanley »

Well I have a 2 door cheesegrater no. 239154. Do they use the same numbering system as the 4 doors? I mean, 2 and 4 door models mixed together on the same production line?

Chris.
"Gussie", the 1954 Series 2.
My blog: https://castanley.wixsite.com/mysite

MMOC member
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Well I have a 2 door cheesegrater no. 239154. Do they use the same numbering system as the 4 doors? I mean, 2 and 4 door models mixed together on the same production line?
That I'm not sure of, the series two register on here, if it's still going, may be able to clarify this.
Number 291140 is quoted for when the change was made to two door saloons.
291336 for convertibles and 289687 for travellers.
22330 for vans / light commercials.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Castanley
Minor Friendly

Post by Castanley »

I wasn't sure if the Series 2 register was still going. I emailed them my details a few weeks ago but never received a response.

Chris.
"Gussie", the 1954 Series 2.
My blog: https://castanley.wixsite.com/mysite

MMOC member
stevey
Minor Legend

Post by stevey »

Hi
The series2 register is still up and running, usually I get the emails forwarded on but I guess modern technology and all has let us down again sorry , please do resend your info. As regards your question we have at least 2 4 doors in that time period recorded but could and probably are more out there. The saloons, convertibles and travellers all used the same numbering sequence in this period.