jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: A Happy New Year to all Morris Minor owners

Post by jagnut66 »

Happy New year to all.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Alice Minor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Alice Minor »

Wishing all of you a very happy new year 🥳 and hope to see some of you at a show xxx

Alice x
sid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by sid »

Happy New Year all! :)
minijojo
Minor Fan

Post by minijojo »

Happy new year to all of you and a save run for all moggys
Joachim
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Happy new year to all. I can't quite grasp it's 20 years since the millennium and that we are in the 20s. During the 1970s, I used to sometimes get taken to VSCC events at Prescott and I was very keen on the cars you would see, most of which we around 50 years old. Here am I now running about in cars of more less that age :o . I never got around to a pre war car but if I was ever to add to what I have, it would be something like an MG M Type Midget or perhaps and MG TA or Morgan 4/4 Series 1.

Anyway, I've now lived in 7 decades, my parents 10 and my mother's last surviving aunt, aged 97, in 11 decades!!!

In thirteen weeks from today, my MG Midget will finally get it's free tax. I've paid a bit on it over the last 36 years!! Though you might all like to note one of it's badges :D .
Attachments
IMG_0057Sml.jpg
IMG_0057Sml.jpg (192.42 KiB) Viewed 1890 times
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Bledhen Nowydh Da onan hag oll!
Time for another bottle of Tribute, Phil? :wink:
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

In thirteen weeks from today, my MG Midget will finally get it's free tax. I've paid a bit on it over the last 36 years!!
I look at that car and it only seems like yesterday when 'V' reg cars were new, where did the years go??........... :-?
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

jagnut66 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:18 pm
In thirteen weeks from today, my MG Midget will finally get it's free tax. I've paid a bit on it over the last 36 years!!
I look at that car and it only seems like yesterday when 'V' reg cars were new, where did the years go??........... :-?
Best wishes,
Mike.
I wish I knew; I think the turbo kicked in around 1990. When my late grandfather reached 90, I asked him what 90 years was like. Bear in mind that he had slowed down a bit but on that his answer was instant and crystal clear "Not long when you look back on it". I was warned. In terms of cars, I tend to think of anything pre H reg (Suffix of course) as old and before letters as really old, which I think reflects what it was like when I grew up. I don't think of the Midget as old. Thinking of V reg, not long before I left, my school had a new V reg Mini bus and it replaced a G reg one, which was getting on a bit. In many ways I am in a kind of time warp, in that the newest car I ever had (If you exclude a single seater built in 1989) was a 1987 car. I was a late comer to computers, which I use only as a tool. I don't use Facebook (I was persuaded to join but left, as it all seemed rather trivial - I was expecting someone to post that they were on the toilet) or any of those kinds of things, this forum being about as near as I get to it. My mobile phone is just that; put another way, a phone box in my pocket. It's certainly not a life support machine.
Castanley
Minor Friendly

Post by Castanley »

Yes, a belated happy New Year to you all and may 2020 be a good one for all our Moggy adventures! :D

Chris
"Gussie", the 1954 Series 2.
My blog: https://castanley.wixsite.com/mysite

MMOC member