STATEMENT BY THE DIRECTORS OF THE MMOC ON THE COVID-19/CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: STATEMENT BY THE DIRECTORS OF THE MMOC ON THE COVID-19/CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC

Post by woodiesenfrance »

Thank you, Directors, for your clear and informative statement.
It is no easy task to organise and reorganise big events when none of us know when this crisis will end.
badobsession
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: STATEMENT BY THE DIRECTORS OF THE MMOC ON THE COVID-19/CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC

Post by badobsession »

Has the club got an updated statement for the members .
As it is looking very much like this rally season is a right off for this year and no
Events , branch rally’s or anything Mmoc related will be happening in 2020 .
Will the club be waving the membership money for this year ?
Both the Scottish branch and the Scottish north east branch have waved our membership
Fees for 2020 .
I am sure the Mmoc has the financial back up to continue to print and distribute the magazine .

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

badobsession wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:46 pm
Will the club be waving the membership money for this year ?
Why would the club waive the membership fee?
I don't attend club rallies and meetings for various reasons but I still feel I get more than my monies worth from the club.
In times such as these its the membership fees that keep clubs going, the most expensive membership fee is £41 per year which equate to less than 70p per week and the standard fee is £35 which equates to less than 68p per week.
Surely this has to be value for money given the discounts available/forum/advice/entertainment etc
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

badobsession

It is a bit ripe of you asking as to whether the MMOC is to wave subscription fees when you are not even a member so by default do not pay membership fees but choose use this forum which has to be funded by the MMOC.
There is more to the MMOC than just the magazine and events.

I am with murrayminor on this one.

Keep well and stay safe

Phil

Des911
Minor Friendly

Post by Des911 »

Surely badobsession must be a member of MMOC as his signature states SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN unless Scotland have gone independent.

Keep it up MMOC :D
1958 4 door Black
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

badobsession's post entry information to the left of the actual post states that they are not a MMOC member.

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

It's not necessarily safe to assume that a 'No' in the MMOC member field means that someone isn't a paid up member of the club, as the 'default' indicator is No and only a percentage of people actively choose to change it. It would be safer to assume that everyone who has chosen to change the indicator to 'Yes' is a member than that anyone who shows No isn't, if you follow what I mean. I don't personally like this indicator for just this reason, but a number of members asked for it and so it is here!

While here, just a cautionary note to maintain the high levels of civility and friendliness in this thread for which we are rightly renowned.

It's a valid question, though I - as an individual member - don't happen to agree.
Last edited by Admin on Tue May 05, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to show how to do it - Click your username in the top right corner of the page, then User Control Panel, then click the Profile tab, and it's there
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

It's an odd request to waive membership when the Club is still operating. I suggest a compromise: If there are no rallies then we won't make any charges to not enter the non-event. For everything else that the MMOC does, such as providing the magazine, this board, technical support, club benefits, etc plus a lot of behind-the-scenes work, then the same membership fee as normal will be due.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I'm perfectly happy for my membership fee to stay in the pot.
I'm still getting the magazine and if it isn't spent this year then that's more money for other events later, when we are finally able resume club regional / national rallies etc.
Unlikely though I would hope it is, I certainly wouldn't want the club to run into trouble through lack of available funds.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

jagnut66 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:44 pm Hi,
I'm perfectly happy for my membership fee to stay in the pot.
I'm still getting the magazine and if it isn't spent this year then that's more money for other events later, when we are finally able resume club regional / national rallies etc.
Unlikely though I would hope it is, I certainly wouldn't want the club to run into trouble through lack of available funds.
Best wishes,
Mike.
Yes, me too. It hadn't crossed my mind to expect a refund quite honestly. And yes. I am a paid up member despite my details saying I am not!
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

Thanks guys I am feeling the love .
Can I just say I was asked by a few of our branch members to ask the question .
So I did.
I personally don’t care what the outcome is.

Can I reply back to the comments made , firstly you don’t have to be a member of the MMOC to use this forum .
And where else was I supposed to ask the question?
I wasn’t going to post it on one of the FB pages
As none of them are run by the MMOC so how can they answer the question.
I am glad some think it’s not a financial burden, but just remember some people might think different and appreciate the gesture .
And thanks Simmitc (mod) for you sarcastic tip on how to save some money .

We have as a branch waved our membership but still putting out our newsletter .
The committee thought it would be a nice gesture to our members .
We are all in This together but some people are not in the same situation please remember this .
See you all next year , till then drive safe.
Mark.

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .