Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
burnham28
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Practical classics

Post by burnham28 »

Has anybody else noticed that Practical Classics has voted the Morris Minor the number one ultimate classic.
[img]jpg[/img]
KeithL
Minor Fan

Re: Practical classics

Post by KeithL »

Yes. I voted for it.

ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

Could there ever have been any doubt?
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I can't say I'm surprised either. I think we still have a good image with the younger generation.
Well our cars have anyway............. :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

Having had a number of Classics (some of which were not classics when I owned them) I can say the Minor is definitely the most satisfying when it comes to working on it,
Everything has room to work around it, everything is straightforward and relatively simple (I have a rewire "looming" (sorry) so I cannot comment on the simplicity of the electrics) but overall very easy and enjoyable vehicle to own and tinker with.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Never owned one , but , I do like the way you can sit on the front wheel when tinkering with the engine...Triumph Vitesse. ( and Herald ? )

John ;-)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

(I have a rewire "looming" (sorry) so I cannot comment on the simplicity of the electrics)
I found the thought of rewiring mine intimidating too.
Get hold of a workshop manual, if you don't have one already. Go to the wiring diagrams and look for the one for your car, having some highlighters handy might prove useful (it did for me). Then take your time and work your way through, relating the diagram to the loom and you will get there.
Once done and tested I felt a great sense of achievement. :D
Some will scoff and say a Minor is simple / basic but if you haven't done it before there is no shame in feeling daunted.
It's better to ignore the negative opinions of others, as a rule, anyway.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)