Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Morris Traveller

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Well I finally succumbed and bought one.......
1 18th Morris Minor Traveller model.jpg
1 18th Morris Minor Traveller model.jpg (160.76 KiB) Viewed 622 times
.........albeit a 1/18th scale model! :wink:
It comes without it's packaging and not perfect, which is fine, as it allows me to detail it without feeling guilty about not keeping it perfectly preserved, untouched in its box...... :wink:
It will then join the others below (if only I had the money to own the real ones!).
My question is, if you bought an early traveller, post split screen but pre suffix number plates, what colour would the pin stripe on the doors and bonnet be for a car of this colour scheme?
Or wouldn't there be one on pre suffix cars?
Many thanks,
Mike.
1 18th model car collection.JPG
1 18th model car collection.JPG (990.04 KiB) Viewed 622 times
NB: 'Autoart' aren't that cheap anymore (I bought the ones in my little collection a while ago) but they are well detailed and really good quality.
Last edited by jagnut66 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Morris Traveller

Post by ManyMinors »

Mike, all Travellers had a coachline from the factory. I'd say the coachline would be red on an Old English White car - although it possibly depended on the interior colour? I remember a friend having a 1960(ish) OE White Traveller which had a light blue interior but I can't remember the coachline colour which possibly would have been blue too? Yours appears to have a black interior(?) but as black wasn't an option until much later, we'll have to put that down to artistic licence!

Basically, I'm suggesting red as correct :wink:
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Maybe I'll pop the interior out and spray it red..........
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

Perfect! 8)
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

1 18th Morris Minor Traveller model 2.JPG
1 18th Morris Minor Traveller model 2.JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 504 times
Okay, so one pinstripe plus a recoloured and detailed interior later and this is one 'Minichamps' Traveller that more closely depicts one. :D
Trouble is now I've done the interior on this one I notice the other two in my collection have black interiors also, a shame really, as once picked out they are quite good........
So I guess I've made a rod for my own back here, as now this one is back together and ready to display......
One Almond Green two door and a (what I think they intended to be) Smoke Grey convertible to go......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1 18th Morris Minor Traveller model 4.JPG
1 18th Morris Minor Traveller model 4.JPG (656.5 KiB) Viewed 504 times
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Said I wouldn't be able to leave my other two alone, didn't I...................
So just as a little diversion from the world of face masks we seem to be descending into, my other Minichamps Minor models interiors have been transformed from the plain black plastic they were supplied in, to something more like the Sixties colours the real ones would have been seen in.
I quite enjoyed doing a bit of modelling again, however please forgive my amateur efforts where they show through, as I know there will more professional modellers on here.
I just wanted them to more closely resemble the real thing, with as close a colour match as I could find, using a mix of my old Humbrol tins (yes, I still have them from when I was a teenager and amazingly most are still viable) and car paint spray tins from Halfords........
1 18th Morris Minor Convertible 1.JPG
1 18th Morris Minor Convertible 1.JPG (694.68 KiB) Viewed 420 times
1 18th Morris Minor Convertible 2.JPG
1 18th Morris Minor Convertible 2.JPG (691.79 KiB) Viewed 420 times
1 18th Morris Minor 2 door 1.JPG
1 18th Morris Minor 2 door 1.JPG (811.75 KiB) Viewed 420 times
1 18th Morris Minor 2 door 2.JPG
1 18th Morris Minor 2 door 2.JPG (671.81 KiB) Viewed 420 times
The rocker covers are painted gold in each case because for some reason they left the rocker covers black and painted the engine blocks in a kind of beige, which in car terms most resembled the old 'Harvester Gold' colour (remember that -- quite popular once I believe), so now they all represent gold seal units.
Best wishes,
Mike.