Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Something for series 2 owners

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Looks like a mint series 2 owners pack with the original envelope.
I was tempted by these myself but as mine is less than original beneath the surface, I thought that someone with a completely original car might like them to display on the passenger seat at the next National.
Plus I already have an operation manual and some other period items for display in mine.
There are 4 days left on this listing, so if you want them it finishes on Sunday (5th) at 9pm.
Best wishes (and good luck if you bid),
Mike.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MINOR ... SwNX1e-efC
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
pde2000
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Something for series 2 owners

Post by pde2000 »

My 54 has the full pack, all used and the tickets from the service book pinned to the receipts listing all the work done. I wish i was in as good nick as my car, which is 15 years older than me. There's also an unused book of ration vouchers for petrol, as the ration ended that year.

That is a strange listing, as there can be no excuse for running the car without the services being done. Even the free first 500 mile check-up.
Black 4door series2 deluxe 1954, mostly original, a bit tatty but reliable runner. purchased 1996
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

pde2000 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:56 pm
That is a strange listing, as there can be no excuse for running the car without the services being done. Even the free first 500 mile check-up.
I too was struck by that. Perhaps the
as found in the loft of the sellers late grand farther and was unopened.
Is actually an indication of the grandfather being a dealer employee who just happened to nick one.... :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Well, whatever the back story, since there is unlikely to be another come up like this, I hope the set finds a good home with a club member.
Not expensive at present either......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Someone was very keen on getting that pack.
The winning Bidder started at £58:95 and eventually got it for £160:19, plus £4.50 p&p :o
Basil the 1955 series II

philipkearney
Minor Fan

Post by philipkearney »

Seems like a few people were keen on it to push it to that price !

I suppose the price reflects the good condition and rarity of the items, but it does seem a lot of money. I got a similar pack about two years ago for the later 1000 model, and although it didn't have all the paper work, it was quite a bit cheaper at only £30 from memory. I'm sure someone will be happy with their purchase though.