Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
53lake
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Distributor /coil wiring

Post by 53lake »

Forgive me if this issue has been answered before in multiple ways, but my head is exploding and I need a diversion from certain insanity.
For my 1968 Traveller, negative earth, original dynamo, I have a new loom (ESM/Accuspark), new coil (Lucas DLB101), and new distributor with electronic ignition, made by Pertronix in the USA (The shop that worked on the engine put that in).
Distributor instructions say red wire goes to + on coil, black wire goes to - on coil (got that part!)
The loom branch has 7 wires exiting. If I'm correct they are:
- Green/yellow goes to oil pressure switch,
- Brown/yellow and brown/green to dynamo,
- white to + on coil.
So, where do the two white/black wires go?
And what is the green/brown for? Before I pulled the old loom out, that one was dangling loose, I assume it had a purpose.
Pics attached. BTW the yellow is really black, I had to lengthen it to reach the coil and didn't have any black 20 gauge. Will be fixed later.
IMG_3490.jpg
IMG_3490.jpg (593.24 KiB) Viewed 525 times
IMG_3488.jpg
IMG_3488.jpg (542.85 KiB) Viewed 525 times
-
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Distributor /coil wiring

Post by simmitc »

White with black tracer - when using points, one end to coil, one end to dizzy (it's the same wire) but you don't need iot as you have the electronic dizzy.
Green/brown is blocked filter warning light, but if your oil filter head does not have a switch terminal then leave it loose as you found it.
White is ignition switched +ve feed to coil, but in your photo it looks like you've already got one, so pass.
53lake
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Distributor /coil wiring

Post by 53lake »

Thank you! :D