Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
darrenj
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

pickup parts

Post by darrenj »

Due to some recent salvage im curious as to prices for pickup parts, however im not sure of the year or engine size, I have -------
Pickup gearbox, bonnet, roof panel, front wings, and diff, the gearbox has been removed and is not seized, could anyone advise me on reasonable prices for these parts, also may be getting trunions, 7 leaf springs, wheels, etc, thanks for any help, will try and find out reg and year and engine size tomorrow when I collect other parts, thanks again for any help, 😎. Darren.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: pickup parts

Post by les »

How long is a piece of string? You can often get an idea from looking at similar items on eBay, and comparing with the condition or your items.

darrenj
Minor Fan

Post by darrenj »

Fair enough, guess im on the flea bay trail, cheers,😀
Trickydicky
Minor Legend

Post by Trickydicky »

I recently sold a 948 gearbox on eBay for £55, the spares you have maybe interchangeable with other models so may not command a high price.
Richard

Opinions are like people,everyone can be different.
MorrisJohn
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by MorrisJohn »

To give an idea on the leaf springs a pair of brand new ones are roughly £115 from one of the main parts suppliers. Under £90 from fleabay. I see one used one on there at the moment for £29, but personally if I needed them I’d buy new as there’s not much difference in price.
A bad day with my Volksie still beats a good day at work!

https://www.glasgowmoggies.com